Pumpkin Play-Doh People are the perfect hands on learning Play-Doh Halloween Activity activity for kids of all ages. Kids will love making their own pumpkin Play-doh people with the fall scented play-doh.
I am always looking for fun new sensory activities for my children’s homeschooling. With Halloween coming up on us I figured it would be fun to do a twist on one of their favorite videos of the five little pumpkins. From that came this super cute Pumpkin People Play-Doh Halloween Activity! I already had a batch of fall scented play-doh that I made and the kids had LOVED! They made their own little pumpkins out of the orange play-doh. Then when we were done we sang the song together.
To keep all of the little pieces organized I used a plastic party platter that was divided for things like vegetables and dip. If you don’t have one of these I really recommend it you can get them at the dollar tree or grab them here on Amazon. I have found so many uses for them in our homeschooling adventures. They are seriously a MUST have!
If you don’t have time to go to the store you can just use a bunch of different little bowls. I wasn’t going to go out of my way to collect the different items to make this so I just went through my craft closet and picked out different things. The most important things are the pipe cleaners and the googly eyes which I had picked up before at the dollar tree.
Pumpkin People Play-Doh Halloween Activity Supplies
- Orange Play-doh
- Green pipe cleaners, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Beads – Grab a big ol bucket of them here so you always have them on hand 🙂
- Googly eyes
- Buttons Grab a big ol bucket of them here so you always have them on hand 🙂
- Pom-poms Grab a big ol bucket of them here so you always have them on hand 🙂
Pumpkin PeoplePlay-Doh Halloween Activity Directions
- Sort each craft item into a separate container and place the orange play-doh in the middle.
- Show your child how to roll a small out of the orange play-doh.
- Add the eyes than a small pipe cleaner on the top of the ball for the stem of the pumpkin.
- Allow your child to decorate their pumpkins how they would like to make them unique.
- Put on a little show once you have five play-doh pumpkins as you sing the five little pumpkin song.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here