If you are a big fan of waterparks, like my kids and I then you are going to love making a trip to Kalahari Resort Poconos. We were invited for a trip to check out the new Poconos Waterpark, Kalahari Resorts. There are a lot of waterparks here so I like to visit them and share about them with all of you, just incase you make a trip to my neck of the woods. 🙂
There is a lot to do at Kalahari Resort Poconos and to make your life easier when planning your trip, I figured a quick guide, breaking down the important stuff would be best.
If you are looking to book a stay at Kalahari Resort Poconos you can head on over here, sometimes they offer promo codes for Kalahari Resort Poconos on their site and their facebook page. I also like to keep an eye out for any Kalahari Resort Groupons that they might be having here.
Quick Guide to Visiting Kalahari Resort in Pocono Mountains
How to get to Kalahari Resort:
Pocono Mountains, PA is located immediately off I-380 at Pocono exit 3
If you live in the Poconos you can take route 80 or you can take the backroads. Both will get you there in about the same time, coming from the Marshall’s creek area it took me about 45 minutes.
Coming from New York City, as long as you do not hit to much traffic on the tunnel and bridges should take you about 2 hours.
Coming from Philly should take about 2 hours give or take.
Tour of Kalahari Resort Poconos:
The resort is beautiful and you can see the work they put into making it awesome as soon as you pull up to the resort. Currently it is at 100,000 sqft and they are working on part 2 now which will make it 200,000 sqft once the final section is completed.
Entry of Kalahari Resort:
Upon entering the front of Kalahari resort the check in desk is to your right, along with a few shops. Directly in front of you are 2 restaurants and the bar along with the fireplace sitting area. To the left upon walking in are the stairs to get to the waterpark and the arcade area and then a hallway which leads to the cafe, sweet treat shop and leads towards the convention center of the resort.
Rooms at Poconos Kalahari Resort:
There are a few different style rooms at Kalahari, including one that has that well known Poconos heart shaped tub for the romantic getaway, rooms for the whole family and a penthouse suite that will fit 2-3 families depending on the size of the family.
- 457 guest rooms & suites 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites including Penthouse suites
- All rooms include: Microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, iron, ironing board, in-room safe, complimentary Wi-Fi, remote control television with cable and pay-per-view movies, alarm clock, voice mail system, hair dryer, luxurious bath amenities and admission to Pennsylvania’s Largest Indoor Waterpark.
Waterpark at Kalahari Resort PA:
There are activities for every age group. Currently the waterpark is 100,000 sqft , however they are expanding it to be double the size!
- Lazy River
- Toddler Play area (Pictured above)
- Older Kids play area
- Swim up to bar (separate from other pools and away from the kids)
- Pool with basketball hoops
- Whirlpool spas
Dining options at Kalahari Resort Poconos
- Brandberg Restaurant – A classic tavern with a modern twist.
- Great Karoo Marketplace Buffet– Great Karoo offers traditional breakfast and for dinner a family style buffet with extensive options for children.
- Ivory Coast Restaurant – A cozy atmosphere just off the lobby with sandwiches, salads, appetizers and great beverages
- The Last Bite – Hand-dipped chocolates, fabulous caramel apples, homemade fudge, ice cream and more
- Java Manjaro – Gourmet coffees, pastries, desserts, hot sandwiches, smoothies and more
Amenities at Kalahari Resorts Poconos PA:
- 30,000 sq ft Family Entertainment Center featuring black light mini golf, XD Dark Ride, bowling, arcade games and more
- Spa Kalahari and Salon
- Kamp Kalahari activity programs
- 18 hole Donald Ross designed golf course
I hope this Quick Guide to Visiting Kalahari Resort in Pocono Mountains helps you out, and be on the look out for our more in depth posts about the resort.
What to Pack for Kalahari
When you are packing for your trip to Kalahari it is quite simple. Kalahari provides towels for your waterpark fun, so you do not need to bring them with you.
- Outfits for each day you are there.
- Snacks -There are enough places to eat a meal at Kalahari however bringing snacks and juice boxes with us made things a lot easier on our trip. We could give the kids a snack after we got done for the night with out having to leave the room and find a place.
- Swim diapers. You can buy them there however they are more expensive then buying them at a store, so I suggest buying them and bringing them with you.
Looking for more fun in the Poconos? Check these out!
Aquatopia in the Pocono Mountains
CamelBeach Poconos Waterpark
Thanks to Kalahari for hosting us so we could check out the resort to share with our readers.