Looking for a delicious treat? Then you need to make this easy pineapple fluff recipe and share it with your friends and family. This pineapple fluff recipe is filled with tropical flavors combining the pineapple pieces, coconut pudding, crunchy pecans and shredded coconut. The addition of mini marshmallows and whipped topping give it the perfect fluffy texture. Combine the flavors and textures and you have an old school dessert that will for sure be a crowd pleaser. Whether you’re hosting a potluck or just want a simple no bake dish, this Pineapple Fluff salad recipe is perfect. It is easy to make, full of flavor and I have yet to meet anyone who did not love it.
Fluffy Pineapple Fluff Recipe
You might have noticed that I am on a roll with easy summer desserts including the newest one, this pineapple fluff salad recipe. Lately I have been wanting desserts with tropical flavors that are easy to make and my whole family will enjoy. To be honest I have not been in the mood to cook. I want to enjoy the nice weather that the summer months bring and have fun with the kids making memories. The only thing I am cooking right now is easy recipes and things on the grill. Easy recipes like this sweet salad that I can call a side dish or dessert depending on my mood.
I want simple recipes right now and the hardest part of making this recipe is the chill time. Many times, I find myself counting down sometimes so I can be the first person to take a bite. I promise you that while it looks like a blob in a bowl, it is oh so delicious!
This Pineapple fluff salad recipe is a refreshing and delicious dessert that is perfect for any occasion. It is perfect for family gatherings, potlucks, summer dinners and so much more! Yes, you can serve this as a side dish or as a dessert. The choice is yours of course but in our house it just depends on our mood and what we are choosing for it to be that day. 😉
If you are looking for an old school desserts recipe to make that the whole family will love this pineapple fluff is sure to be a hit! It is easy to make, loaded with pineapple flavor, and the perfect side dish or summer dessert recipe. I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as mine does!
Fluff Salad Dessert Recipes
- Orange Fluff Salad
- Watergate fluff Salad recipe
- Cool Whip Fruit Salad with Marshmallows
- Cherry Fluff Salad
What is Fluff?
Fluff is a type of dessert salad that is also sometimes served as a side dish. It is characterized by its light and airy texture. It is made by combining pudding, whipped topping, fruit, and mini marshmallows. The combination creates a soft and fluffy mixture that is so flavorful. Fluff is served chilled. Because it is easy to make large amounts of this recipe it makes for the perfect dessert for parties, picnics, and other gatherings.
Pineapple Fluff Salad is more of a sweet and creamy dessert than a salad in the traditional sense. This pineapple fluff fruit salad recipe is made with a combination of traditional fluff ingredients. We will use canned pineapples, Cool Whip, mini marshmallows, coconut instant pudding and pecans. Everything gets mixed together and then put in the fridge to chill. Super easy and super delicious too!
What ingredients are in Pineapple Fluff?
This pineapple fluff recipe is made with simple ingredients and this recipe requires no cooking which is perfect for a hot summer day when you want a tasty dessert recipe to go with dinner.
- Instant pudding mix. I personally prefer to use coconut cream instant pudding however it can sometimes be difficult to find so if you can not find the coconut pudding then you can make this recipe with instant vanilla pudding mix.
- Crushed Pineapple. This provides a sweet and tart flavor and also adds some texture to the fluff. You do not want to drain the canned pineapple, you will need the juices for the recipe as it is a big part of the pineapple flavor. If you want to add fresh pineapple you can but as an additional item, not as a substitute for the canned pineapple.
- Mini Marshmallows. They add a soft and chewy texture to the fluff.
- Whipped topping. This provides a creamy texture and adds a sweet flavor to the fluff.
- Shredded Coconut. If you are not a fan of coconut you can omit this, if you want to have extra flavor you can use toasted coconut. You can also use coconut flakes.
- Chopped pecans. If you are not a fan of chopped pecans you can omit this, however, I love the flavor they give this delicious fruit dessert.
How to Serve Fluff
Fluff is typically served chilled, straight from the refrigerator, as it has a light and refreshing texture that needs to be enjoyed when it’s cool. If you want to change things up you totally can and there are a few different ways that you can serve this easy recipe.
- In a Bowl. The traditional way to serve this dessert salad is by simply putting the fluff into individual dessert bowls and serving it as is, garnished with fresh fruit, crunchy chopped pecans, and extra sweetened coconut if you want to.
- As a Dip. Pineapple Fluff can be used as a dip for fruits, cookies, or other treats. Arrange a platter of sliced fruit or cookies around a bowl of fluff, and let guests dip and enjoy.
- In a Trifle. Layer the fluff with pound cake and additional fruits in a trifle dish or clear glass bowl to create a visually stunning dessert. If you have never made a trifle before check out our trifle recipes including Strawberry Blueberry Trifle and Chocolate trifle which are always a hit to learn how to make one.
- As a Pie Filling: Fluff can be used as a pie filling in a graham cracker crust then add some additional whipped topping, nuts, and fruit on top.
Variations of this recipe
- Use a different flavor instant pudding mix. If you can not find the coconut pudding mix you can use instant vanilla pudding mix or instant cheesecake pudding mix. If you want the coconut flavor in the pudding but can not find coconut pudding you can use vanilla pudding and then add 1 teaspoon of coconut extract to the mixture.
- Add toppings. This delicious fluff salad pairs nicely with a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkle of toasted coconut for garnish. You can also add crushed nuts on the top or some miniature marshmallows, and maraschino cherries.
- Use multicolored miniature marshmallows. If you want to add more color to this fruit fluff use colored mini marshmallows instead of white mini marshmallows.
- Add more fruit. I love this creamy pineapple fluff salad recipe as it is but you can add a bit more fruit if you want to. Maraschino cherries and mandarin oranges are great additions. If you are adding more fruit you do not want to add more than 1 cup of additional fruit.
- Give it a Pina Colada Flavor. If you want to change up the flavor a bit and you love pina coladas, adding a teaspoon of run extract will give this fluffy dessert the taste of Pina Colada.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Use a rubber spatula. I find it best to use a rubber spatula when I am mixing the pudding and the whipped topping. It also makes it easier to scrape the sides of the bowl when I am making it so everything is mixed well.
Fold in the whipped topping gently. Use a spatula to fold in the cool whip gently into the pudding mixture, so as not to deflate it. This will help the salad stay fluffy and light.
Thaw whipped topping. You want the whipped topping to be thawed before you get started making this recipe.
Don’t skimp on chill time. The flavors need to blend in this recipe, so be sure that after you mix everything together you put it in the fridge for 1.5-2 hours at least so that everything is set and the flavors mixed in.
Can I Use Homemade Whipped Cream Instead of Cool Whip?
No. I do not suggest using whipped cream in place of the cool whip. You can use the store-brand versions of cool whip but whipped cream will not work in this recipe. If you want to use sugar-free cool whip you can.
How to Store Leftovers of Pineapple Fluff Salad
Once the Pineapple Fluff Salad is made, cover the bowl with plastic wrap or pour the fruit salad into an airtight container with a lid. Place the covered Fluff Salad in the refrigerator as soon as possible. It’s best to store it in the main part of the refrigerator rather than the door, where the temperature can fluctuate. Before serving, give the easy Fluff Salad a quick stir to make sure the ingredients are well-combined and distributed evenly.
How Long Does Pineapple Fluff Last in the Fridge?
Pineapple Fluff Salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Can It Be Made Ahead of Time?
For optimal results, it’s recommended to prepare this recipe a few hours ahead of time, and it can even be made up to a full day in advance. Give it a quick mix before serving.
Can I Freeze Pineapple Fluff Salad?
This Fluff fruit Salad should not be frozen, as the whipped cream and pudding mixture can separate and change in texture.
Pineapple Fluff Ingredients
- 3.4 ounce box of instant coconut cream pudding
- 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple not drained
- 8 ounces cool whip thawed
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup shredded sweetened Shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped pecans
How To Make Pineapple Fluff
Thaw the whipped topping for about 10 minutes.
Add the instant pudding mix and the can of undrained pineapple into a large bowl. Mix well to combine and then let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes for the pineapple juice to soak into the pudding powder mixture.
Next add the shredded coconut, mini marshmallows, and chopped pecans into the mixture in the mixing bowl and mix well to combine.
Gently fold in the cool whip to the mixture.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1.5-2 hours before serving.
Easy Summertime Recipes
Pineapple Fluff Recipe
- 3.4 ounce box instant coconut cream pudding
- 20 ounces canned crushed pineapple not drained
- 8 ounces cool whip thawed
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Thaw the whipped topping for about 10 minutes.
- Add the instant pudding mix and the can of undrained pineapple into a large bowl. Mix well to combine and then let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes for the pineapple juice to soak into the pudding powder mixture.
- Next add the shredded coconut, mini marshmallows, and chopped pecans into the mixture in the mixing bowl and mix well to combine.
- Gently fold in the cool whip to the mixture.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1.5-2 hours before serving.