This is one of my easy go to desert recipes. When I make my cakes for other reasons I all ways end up with extra batter on my hands. With that batter I end up making cupcakes and save them in the freezer. For this recipe I pull out a bunch of cupcakes and cut them up instead of the 9 inch cake. My daughter loves helping me make trifles. It is a great recipe for kids to help because they can cut the cake with a butter knives and the rest is just dumping ingredients in.
Chocolate Crunch Trifle
Chocolate Crunch Trifle Ingredients
1 9 inch chocolate cake
1 (5 oz) box instant chocolate pudding
3 cups milk
1 (15oz) package of Oreos
1 tub of cool whip
Chocolate Crunch Trifle Directions
Cut your cake into 1/2 inch pieces.
Mix your pudding mix with the milk and let it set for 5 minutes.
Crush the cookies into chunks in a gallon ziptop bag.
Start layering the cake than the cool whip than the pudding than the cookies than repeat.
Chocolate Crunch Triffle
- 1 9 inch chocolate cake
- 1 5 oz box instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 15oz package of Oreos
- 1 tub of cool whip
- Cut your cake into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Mix your pudding mix with the milk and let it set for 5 minutes.
- Crush the cookies into chunks in a gallon ziptop bag.
- Start layering the cake than the cool whip than the pudding than the cookies than repeat.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here