If you need a simple dessert and love pineapple then you are going to love this easy baked pineapple dessert recipe. Every single bite of this amazing dessert is sweet and delicious as the pineapple is perfectly caramelized when the pineapple is baked in the oven.
Baked Pineapple Dessert Recipe
If you have never had baked pineapple you are seriously in for a treat. I love making fruit desserts and when they are simple to make it is even better. This baked pineapple is probably the easiest dessert recipe you are ever going to make.
This caramelized pineapple recipe is perfect for an easy week night dessert and if you top it with vanilla ice cream it takes the flavor over the top!
As soon as the kids see me bring home a fresh pineapple from the store they know that means I am making baked caramelized pineapple for dessert VERY soon. They also tend to help a bit more in the kitchen when they are expecting this super easy pineapple dessert. I am pretty sure it is because they always want to be the first one to get a bite when it comes out of the oven.
Love dessert? Check these dessert recipes out!
- Homemade Ice Cream
- Strawberry Dessert Salsa
- Chocolate Banana Milkshake
- Boston Cream Pie Dessert Parfait
Fresh or Canned Pineapple?
Normally I say you can interchange fresh with canned fruit in recipes, however for this easy baked pineapple dessert recipe using fresh pineapple is a must.
With that being said you also must use real butter. Margarine and other butter substitutes will not work when you are making this dessert recipe with pineapple.
When you are cutting pineapple I find it best to use a pineapple corer and slicer tool. It makes life a lot easier to cut it. If you do not have one, you can cut the slices with a sharp kitchen knife.
How to Serve Baked Pineapple
This amazing easy dessert is one of our favorite weeknight desserts to make. Depending on the day and my mood depends on how I serve it.
You can enjoy this baked pineapple right out of the oven however I find it is best topped with some vanilla ice cream.
The majority of the time we serve it with vanilla ice cream, but the kids totally try and grab a bite before I even get the vanilla ice cream on top because they love this easy fruit dessert so much.
Easy Baked Pineapple Dessert Ingredients
- fresh pineapple cut into chucks or rings
- brown sugar (dark or light)
- melted butter
Easy Baked Pineapple Dessert Directions
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray or grease with butter.
Cut the pineapple into chunks or rings depending on your preference.
Place pineapple chunks or rings in the bottom of pan and sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg,
Pour the melted butter over top.
Bake in oven uncovered for 20-35 minutes. Cook time will vary depending on how thick you cut your pineapple.
You will notice its done with the sugar has melted and started to caramelize and the edges of the pineapple have started to brown slightly.
Take out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
Top with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Looking for more Fruit desserts? Check these out!
baked pineapple dessert recipe
- 1 whole fresh pineapple cut into chucks or rings
- 1 cup brown sugar dark or light
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 dash Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- Cut the pineapple into chunks or rings depending on your preference.
- Place pineapple chunks or rings in the bottom of pan and sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour melted butter over top.
- Bake in oven uncovered for 20-35 minutes. Cook time will vary depending on how thick you cut your pineapple.
- You will notice its done with the sugar has melted and started to caramelize and the edges of the pineapple have started to brown slightly.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
5 Weight Watchers Smart Points per serving on the Freestyle Program.
Leave A Reply!