Creamy Parmesan Rice has an amazing flavor that comes from the parmesan cheese and garlic. This easy rice recipe is so good, that you will want to ditch boring plain rice for good! This parmesan rice is one delicious rice recipe that will be gobbled up every time you make it!
Creamy Parmesan Rice
Plain white rice is boring, and to be honest if I put it on the dinner table, it would still be there once dinner was over. A good risotto would be devoured, however it takes to much time to make from scratch.
My favorite thing about risotto is the creamy and cheesy texture of the one I love to make. I wanted a recipe that was easy to make, and had a similar flavor. My solution was to come up with a rice dish that was full of flavor, easy to make and a perfect side for just about any meal. I was aiming for something that would take under 20 minutes to cook, and this comes in at 24 minutes, so that is close enough for me!
When I got in the kitchen and got started working, out came this amazing creamy parmesan rice recipe that everyone in my house wanted seconds of!
If you are looking for easy rice recipes, then this is one that you will love! Rice side dishes are an easy thing to make while you are getting other parts of a meal cooked. My kids love it when I make this garlic parmesan rice and on the rare occasion that we have left overs, they argue over who gets to eat them.
What to Serve with Parmesan Rice
There are lots of main course that parmesan rice goes perfect with. A few of my favorite main course recipes to make with this recipe that my husband calls the best rice recipe.
- Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Feta Stuffed Chicken
- One Pan Baked Chicken and Veggies
- Baked Parmesan Chicken
- Garlic Chicken Meatballs
- Parmesan Chicken Wings
If you are looking for more side dishes to cook with a meal that go well with this garlic parmesan rice a few of my favorites are:
Creamy Parmesan Rice Ingredients
- Butter. Real butter is important when you are making this recipe. You do not want to use any fake butter.
- Minced garlic. Fresh garlic is best for this recipe. If you are using pre-chopped garlic when making this flavored rice I strongly recommend you double the amount of garlic because the pre-chopped garlic has a milder flavor that is also on the sweet side.
- white rice.
- Parmesan cheese. You can use jarred parmesan cheese, however, I much prefer shredding fresh parmesan cheese when I am making this cheesy rice recipe.
How to Make Parmesan Rice
*Note: It is important to make sure your rice is tender before you reduce heat and add the cheese.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.Add the garlic and cook until translucent.Stir in the rice and let it cook for an additional minute.
Add in the water, milk and salt, bring to a boil.
Cover and reduce the heat to low for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. While the rice is cooking if you are using fresh parmesan cheese, you want to shred it now.
Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese. Cover the pan and let it set for four minutes for the cheese to melt.
Looking for more tasty rice side dish recipes? Then be sure to check these out!
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until translucent.
- Stir in the rice and let it cook for an additional minute.
- Add in the water, milk and salt, bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. While the rice is cooking if you are using fresh parmesan cheese, you want to shred it now.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
- Cover the pan and let it set for four minutes for the cheese to melt.
Following Weight Watchers? This recipe for Parmesan Rice is 11 Weight Watchers points per serving.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
More Recipes you will love!