Zoodles with Spicy Tomato Sauce is an easy low carb flavorful dish that is perfect for those who are trying to keep the carbs down, but the flavors popping. This homemade spicy tomato sauce has the perfect kick along with a tasty bacon flavor.
Zoodles with Spicy Tomato Sauce
One of my favorite dishes is pasta with spicy bacon tomato sauce. However while eating low carb, having pasta is a total no no and so I have been working on finding ways to have the flavors and dishes that I love in as a low carb alternative.
The great thing about this recipe is that it is bursting with flavor and tastes amazing on top of zoodles. Plus it is an easy to make recipe that doesn’t make to much mess in the kitchen.
What are Zoodles?
If you are wondering what a zoodle is, it is a noodle made out of zucchini. Using a spiralizer, you turn your zucchini into noodle shapes. Then you cook them. If you have never made zoodles, be sure to check out how to make zoodles, it is the best way I have found to make them. I have tested many different ways to make zoodles, and this is the best way to make zoodles that I have done. I use the cooking method in that post in this recipe as well.
Low Carb Zoodles Recipes
If you are looking for more low carb zoodle recipes, be sure to check these out!
Zoodles with Spicy Tomato Sauce Ingredients
- olive oil
- garlic cloves
- crushed red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- crushed tomatoes
- kosher salt
- onion powder
- Italian seasoning
- lemon juice
- fresh basil to garnish
How to make Zoodles with Spicy Bacon Tomato Sauce
*Note if you are running short on time, you can substitute a 13 ounce can of premade tomato sauce insteaf of making the homemade base.
Zoodles with Spicy Bacon Tomato SaucePin Recipe Print Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 500°.
- Wash your zucchini and cut the ends off. Using your spiralizer her turn your zucchini and create your noodles with the zucchinis.
- Toss your noodles with your 2 tablespoons olive oil and 4 cloves of minced garlic in a large bowl. Spread your zoodles onto a sheet pan in an even layer.
- Set your zoodles aside on the baking sheet.
- In a stock pan heat the 1.5 tablespoons olive oil, 3 cloves of garlic and 1 teaspoon pepper flakes over medium heat until the garlic is golden.
- Add the tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, and 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning into the stock pan.
- Stir until combined and let it simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Once you start simmering the sauce put your zoodles in the oven.
- Bake until the zucchini has softened, about 10 to 15 minutes. Halfway through you may stir the noodles.
- While Zoodles are cooking and tomato sauce is simmering, get a large sauté pan.
- Cook the bacon in the large sauté pan till it is crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and chop it up and set it aside.
- Add the onion to the pan with the bacon grease in it, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Grate in the garlic and add the chili flakes and cook for another minute.
- Add the bacon back in and stir. Then add everything from the sauté pan and the lemon juice into the stockpot of sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with the salt and pepper to taste
- Top over the zoodles and garnish with basil.
10 Weight Watchers Smart Points on the Freestyle Program
Get Our Newest Keto Recipes!
Subscribe to get our Newest Keto Recipes by email.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
More Low Carb Recipes you will love!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here