Using Disney Gift cards when you are planning your Disney World trip is a great way to keep on track with your budget. What you might not know is that it is SUPER easy to score Discounts on Disney Gift Cards! You can then use the discounted Disney Gift Cards to pay for parts of your Disney World trip! You can use Disney Gift cards to pay for your Disney World Resorts, Park Tickets, food in the parks and at the Resort, and in the shops at Disney for your Souvenirs.
Getting a discount on your Disney Gift Cards means you can stretch your money even further and then combine your saving on Disney Gift Cards, with deals you score on Resort stays and park tickets to have BIG savings.
7 Ways to Get Discounts on Disney Gift Cards!
Buy Disney Gift Cards at Bj’s Wholesale
Online and in store at Bj’s Wholesale you can buy Disney Gift Cards. Actually they sell lots of different brands of gift cards at a discount. But the Disney Gift Card Discount ranges from 4%-8%. At any given time the discount is 4% but there are times when they savings is upped to 8%! And you can make them even cheaper by shopping thru Ebates, where you will get a percent back from your order!
You do need to be a Bj’s Wholesale member to get them, but you can grab an online only yearly membership for just $10! The savings you can get on Disney Gift Cards alone is worth they $10, you will save a LOT more and score lots of discounted Disney Gift Cards!
Buy Disney Gift Cards at Sam’s Club
Online and in store at Sam’s Club you can buy Disney Gift Cards. Actually they sell lots of different brands of gift cards at a discount. But the Disney Gift Card Discount ranges from 4%-8%. At any given time the discount is 4% but there are times when they savings is upped to 8%! And you can make them even cheaper by shopping thru Ebates, where you will get a percent back from your order!
You do need to be a Sam’s Club member to get them, but you can grab a membership online. But you can normally grab a deal on the Sam’s Club membership, like right now you can get $45 off your first purchase of $45 or more at Sam’s Club when you head on over here and buy a membership.
Buy Gift Cards at Best Buy In store with Swagbucks Deal.
This one is a little bit more work then other ways to get discounts on Disney Gift Cards, but for me I have found it makes the biggest savings. Depending on the day Swagbucks give 2%-4% back in points when you shop at Best Buy. When you shop in store at Best Buy you will also get 750 bonus points from Swagbucks when you make a $100 purchase. (This is limited to once per day).
- Step 1: Go here and sign up for a Swagbucks account (free to join).
- Step 2: Go here and sign up for a Best Buy Rewards account and save the account bar code to your phone. (free to join)
- Step 3: In the Swagbucks app search for Best Buy and pull up your Best Buy Instore QR Code and save it to your phone.
- Step 4: Go to your local Best Buy Store and buy a $100 Disney Gift Card. When you are at check out have the cashier scan your Swagbucks code first, then your Best Buy code and then pay for your gift card.
- Step 5: Wait a few days and you will see 750 Swagbucks added to your account, then wait till you see the Swagbucks reg points added to your account. You will get 2-4 swagbucks per dollar spend for buying your gift card depending on the points amount they are giving at the time.
- Step 6: Cash out for Visa Gift Cards and use them to buy more Disney Gift Cards (I then use the Visa Gift Cards online that I have listed in this post that always have a discount on them, or I just buy a full priced Disney Gift card on the DisneyGiftCard site. at other stores to buy them because they are digital Visas that you cash out for).
Disney Gift Card Best Buy Deal Breakdown
When you cash out Swagbucks, for 990 swagbucks you will get a $10 Visa Gift Card. You will also get $5 Best Buy Rewards Certificate for every 250 points you earn with your Rewards account. The amount that your earn per dollar spent is based on your spending at Best Buy but ranges from .5 point per dollar to 1.25 points per dollar spent.
The baseline savings for Buying Disney gift cards at Best Buy is Paying $100 for $110 worth the Disney Gift Cards. Then as you buy more gift cards you earn more Swagbucks and more Best Buy Rewards that make the savings even bigger.
What I like to do is save my Swagbucks until the first week of the month, the first $25 gift card you cash out for you get a 12% discount on, so a $25 Visa gift card is 2175 swagbucks instead of 2500.
I save my swagbucks points until I have bought $500 in Disney Gift Cards at Best Buy because I find the savings even more.
- Buy 5 $100 Disney Gift Cards at Best buy using the swagbucks code and best buy rewards barcode in 5 visits to best buy = $500
- Get back 750 bonus swag bucks for each $100 gift card = 3750 swagbucks (These show in your account in just a few days)
- Get 200-400 swagbucks back for each $100 gift card depending on the swagbucks point level they are giving back = 1000-2000 swagbucks. (These take a bit longer, about 3 weeks to show up in your account)
- Cash out for a Visa Gift Card – Normally I get the $25 one when its on sale for 2175 Swagbucks and then I use the other 1,575 points I have to grab a $15 Visa for 1485 swagbucks – leaving me with 90 points left over. Then when the other 1,000-2,000 points hit my account I cash out again for another $10-$15 Visa Gift card. Leaving me with $50-$55 in Visa Gift Cards to use.
- Get $5 Best Buy Rewards – You can no longer use these towards gift cards, but they have lots of things you can use it towards.
- Ending total- $500 for $550-$555 in Disney Gift Cards after I use the Visa Gift Cards to buy more Disney Gift Cards.
If you are using a credit card that earns you points you will be able to earn points there too. If you are looking for tips on how to use your credit card for crazy good savings on your Disney World Trip be sure to check out my How to go to Disney Cheap Post.
Buy Disney Gift Cards at Raise.com
Raise.com is a place where you can buy Disney Gift Cards. Actually they sell lots of different brands of gift cards at a discount. But the Disney Gift Card Discount ranges from 2%-5%. For me any savings on a Disney Gift card is worth it!
Get 5% off Disney Gift Cards at Target and Target.com
Target REDcard holders receive a 5% discount when using that card to pay for most items in-store and on Target.com and that includes Disney Gift Cards! Make sure you keep your savings though, by paying off your card as soon as your make your purchase.
Discount Disney Gift Cards with Cash Back Apps
Dosh is an app that gives you cash back for your purchases, one of the places that is always on the list to get cash back is Sam’s Club. When you use the card linked to your Dosh account you will get 2% back of what you spend, what is great is that you can combine the Discounted Disney Gift Card price at Sam’s Club with the Dosh app cash back and get even more savings.
I also use Ibotta, where I save money by getting cash back on my groceries. I then take the cash back and use that to buy Discounted gift cards!
I also scan all of my grocery receipts into the Fetch app, which earns me points that I then cash in for Gift Cards.
Discount Disney Gift Cards with Credit Card offers
Depending on the Credit card you have, you can get cash back for shopping at certain stores as a credit on your credit card statement. Keep an eye out for them in your credit card accounts.
Recently I had a 30% statement credit back when I made a purchase at Staples, so I bought a $50 Disney Gift Card and then got 30% off that back as a statement credit!
On top of using offers that I get thru my credit cards, I also look for credit cards that have sign up bonuses that are going to help me save right off the bat!
My Favorite Credit Cards to Save BIG at Disney World
The Chase Freedom Card gives you a $150 Statement credit when you spend $500 in your first 3 months. So what I did was buy $500 worth the Disney Gift Cards, got my $150 statement credit and paid the card balance off and scored $500 worth the Disney Gift Cards for $350!
The Chase Disney Card gives you $200 back as a statement credit when you spend $500 in the first 3 months. So what I did was buy $500 worth the Disney Gift Cards, got my $200 statement credit and paid the card balance off and scored $500 worth the Disney Gift Cards for $300!
I love my Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card. When you sign up for this card and spend $3000 in the first 3 months you get 50,000 bonus points. If you are going to be spending that money on a Disney World trip then you can make the most out of your money to get to the $3000 mark and then get your points. Your points are then able to be redeemed for many different rewards, including travel. Which I cash mine out for travel because they give you 25% more value then cashing them out for anything else. But spending $3000 on Disney Gift Cards (doing deals like $10 back when you spend $100 at shop Disney thru Retailmenot) or buying discounted Disney gift cards at Raise.com
If you are looking for a credit card that is great for flying on Delta, I have the Delta Gold American Express Card. This card give you 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3000 within the first 3 months and a $50 statement credit when you make a Delta airlines purchase within the first 3 months. Depending on the cost of your flight, you could spend $1000 on airline tickets, getting $50 back on your statement making it $950 for your airfare and then have the bonus miles to use later as well.
Be sure to check out all of our other Disney World vacation planning posts, to help you make the most of your Disney World trip!
- Disney Military Discount – All the Discount Military Members can get from Disney Tickets, Hotel and more!
- Disney Tips – Secrets about Disney World from Disney Cast Members
- Best Disney Hotels for Families – Going to Disney with the family? Check out these resorts that are perfect for families going to Disney world.
- How to Ride More Rides at Disney World – Want to ride the most rides while at Disney? Be sure you check out these tips!
- Weeklong Disney World Vacation Tips – Making your Disney World Trip a week long adventure? Be sure to check out these Disney vacation planning tips!
- Bippity Boppity Botique – Everything you need to know about the Princess (and Prince Disney World Makeovers)
- Disney free stuff – Everything you can score for free at Disney World – and so many of them are AWESOME!
- Tips for Doing Disney World in the Rain! Don’t let a little rain get in the way of your fun! You can still have an amazing time even when it is raining at Disney World!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here