If you are looking for an awesome craft to do with the kids this Hold You In My Heart Handprint Suncatcher is perfect! This handprint suncatcher craft is perfect to make as a gift, it is also one that Mom and Dad will love to have hanging in the window. This handprint craft is sure to make who ever you give it to smile every time they see it.
To make it easier on you, watch this How to Make a Handprint suncatcher Video before getting started.
You can make this handprint suncatcher to fit any size hand you will just need to cut the contact paper so you have extra space around the hand.
If you are wanting to make this suncatcher craft, check your local craft store, dollar tree or head on over to Amazon for the pre-cut square tissue paper.
Personally when hanging these handprint suncatchers, I like to use double-sided tape to stick them to the window. It is so much easier to hang them, but if you don’t have any you can just make your own double-sided tape by rolling one-inch pieces of tape end to end so you end up with double-sided tape.
These handprint suncatchers looks adorable when you have them on a window and the DIY Mother’s Day Flower pots are on the window sill with them.
If you are looking to keep everything handmade for Mother’s Day you should also check out this super adorable Handprint Cupcake Card.
Handprint Suncatcher Supplies
- assorted tissue paper
- 1 sheet copy paper (Per handprint that you are doing)
- 1 roll contact paper
- washable markers – Personally we prefer using Crayola brand markers
- double-sided tape
How to Make Handprint Suncatchers
- Cut your tissue paper into one-inch squares or use the pre-cut square tissue paper.
- Trace your child’s hand onto the copy paper and cut it out.
- Cut two sheets of the contact paper about 10 by 10 inches, you can make it larger to fit a bigger kids hand.
- Remove the backing from one sheet of the contact paper and tape it to your counter.
- Place the handprint onto the center of the contact paper then cover the whole sheet with the tissue paper squares making sure to cover every open spot.
- Remove the backing from the second sheet of contact paper and place it on top of the tissue paper.
- Fold the project in half and draw half a heart on the seem of the paper. Cut out the heart shape.
- Tape your heart to your window.
Check out these other great Mother’s day gifts and fun!
Looking for more crafts to do with the kids? Check out these that we love!
Frappuccino Slime recipe without borax
Fluffy Slime Recipe with Glitter
Leave A Reply!