These Easy Caprese Salad Skewers are a quick, easy and healthy appetizer! You can prepare a bunch in just minutes and they look fancy – perfect for everything from baby showers to picnics!
Caprese Salad Skewers
I first made these Caprese Salad Skewers for my sister-in-law’s bridal shower, when I was looking for cute appetizers that wouldn’t take a lot of work. We already had so many things on the menu and a long to-do list, so I needed something easy and healthy to complement the dips and desserts being made.
My SIL loves tomato mozzarella basil salad – it’s one thing you can always count on her ordering at a restaurant. So, I decided, why not turn those flavors into an appetizer that could be easily passed around?
Enter these Tomato Basil Mozzarella Skewers! My sister-in-law loved them and so did all the bridal shower guests! And with just 3 ingredients and no cooking required, preparing them was a breeze!
If you’re one who loves to grow your own food, I bet this would taste even better with some freshly grown basil and garden fresh tomatoes!
Can I Make These In Advance?
Caprese salad skewers can be made several hours in advance, though I would not recommend making them more than 12 hours or so in advance. You want all the ingredients to be super fresh – especially the basil!
How Should I Serve These?
I serve these on a platter with a little balsamic glaze drizzled over the top. Plain balsamic vinegar will also work. You can also just drizzle a bit of olive oil and add salt and pepper! The focus is definitely the juicy tomatoes and delectable mozzarella, so no need to go crazy!
What’s the best mozzarella to use?
You’ll want to use fresh mozzarella balls for these caprese skewers. You can use any brand that you prefer but I recommend avoiding the ones tightly vacuum sealed, as it distorts the shape of the mozzarella ball. Of course, if you aren’t worried about the presentation then it’s not a big deal! You can also use a large ball of mozzarella cheese chopped into pieces.
Caprese Salad Skewers Ingredients
- Tomatoes. You can use grape or cherry tomatoes. If you only have larger tomatoes on hand you can use those and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Fresh mozzarella cheese balls. I like usinig the small mozzarella cheese balls because it makes things quick and easy. You can use a block or ball of mozzarella cheese cut into bite sized pieces. Fresh mozzarella is the best, the soft mozzarella cheese not the harder blocks of mozzarella cheese.
- Fresh basil leaves.
- Balsamic Vinegar for drizzle or dipping. You can also use Olive oil and vinegar or balsamic reduction.
How to make Caprese Salad Skewers
Tear 24 bite-size pieces of the basil.
Place the one tomato, one piece of mozzarella, and one piece of basil onto a toothpick.
Do the same with the remainder of the ingredients until they are all gone.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Baba Ganoush
- Crockpot Chex Snack Mix
- Cajun Unfried Chicken Wings
- Crockpot White Cheddar Queso
- Pinecone Cheese Ball
Tomato Basil Mozzarella Skewers – Caprese Salad Skewers
- 24 grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 24 small balls fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Tear 24 bite size pieces of the basil.
- Place the one tomato, one piece of mozzarella and one piece of basil onto a toothpick.
- Do the same with the remainder of the ingredients until they are all gone.
Leave A Reply!