Lets face it going on a vacation to Disney can be a very expensive trip. This year we are on a budget for our Disney Trip and looking fpr ways to save. We will be shipping snacks and breakfast foods right to our hotel from amazon. I also just made a special trip to the local dollar tree to stock up on some supplies.
Now if you have never been to a dollar tree before don’t think they are just a run of the mill run down dollar store (yes some of them can be a little run down). These are like the higher class of the dollar stores. The quality of the items the sell tend to be better. Thankfully they seem to carry lots of Disney items! If you happen to stop at on of the more run down dollar tree try another. I know one of my local dollar trees never seem to have any of the items I am looking for and it’s always a mess. But we have another one that is very clean and is always stocked full of fun things. So don’t give up on dollar tree if the first one you stop at stinks just try another one. Here are some of the items I was able to score for my trip next week!
- Ponchos – This is a must if you are going to plan on a vacation in florida! It always seem to rain at lease one day a week down there. Most of the time it will stop after a short time. But you don’t want to have to stop your fun at the park for a little rain or have to buy a poncho for $10 at the parks, it is best to pick one of these up.
- Glow sticks – My kids are not night owls they are normally out by 8:00 pm every night. So it’s a real special treat to get to stay awake when they are at disney. Now they do sell light up toys all over the park at night but I can’t see spending that kind of money when we can stock up before we leave. You can get a pack of 20 glow sticks for $1! They also sell these light sticks which run off of batteries and you can change the different settings on how the glow.
- Coloring packs- You will be able to find these great play packs that come with everything you need to keep your kid busy for an hour in a small pack. They also have full size Disney coloring books and double sided Disney crayons. These are great to keep you kid busy on the plane or the car ride to disney.
- Sand buckets- Ok I know you are looking at me like I am crazy on this one but if you are getting to disney by a car and you have little ones this is very important! I can’t tell you how many times my daughter puke bucket has saved all of us. We have tried using other things to keep in the car but most of them have leak on us or my daughter was not able to aim into it. This is a great thing because if they start to feel sick you just sit it in the laps and it’s there for them.
- Baskets- If you are going to be making a road trip with little kids these baskets make it very handy to keep all of their little toys in one easy to reach spot.
- Snack cups- Now they carry two types of kid cups they have the non spill kind that is great for little toddlers. They also sell these great Disney flip top kind that my daughter loves. They both are great to have to have a little something for the kids to eat while they are stuck waiting in lines.
- Water bottles – I was so excited when I saw they were carrying this new style of Disney straw cups! They are perfect for my one year old who tends to get bored or likes to throw his cups. They also have Disney themed water bottles that my daughter loves.
- Sandwich containers- They have these great sandwich containers so if you plan on bring your lunch with you than you don’t have to worry about the sandwich getting squashed. A bonus is they come in the theme of Disney Frozen.
- Disney Snack bags- Now if you want don’t want to get stuck carrying around an empty snack cup they sell these cute disney themed snack ziptop bags. They are also great to holding on to little things like your pressed penny souvenirs.
- Trash bags – These come in handy to keep some in your car or in the hotel room.
- Flashlight or nightlight – Anytime we travel our daughter is scared of this new scary dark hotel room. Since hotels don’t have nightlights in their rooms we make sure to pack one. It is also nice to have a fun flash like to help you to the bathroom in the middle of the night,
- Laundry soap – Why spend a dollar on this very small thing of laundry soap from the vending machine when you can get this cute travel size soaps.
- Mesh laundry hamper – These are great to separate your dirty clothes from your clean clothes. These help so your room doesn’t become a dumping ground for dirty clothes. If you are staying at a value resort you will want to have a way to organize the mess since the rooms are small.
- Toothbrushes – My mom used to work in a hotel and she told me the number one item people would forget to pack are toothbrushes! It is a good idea to throw a pack of cheap toothbrushes in your suitcase in case someone forgets to pack theirs.
- Disney Temporary tattoos – These are a fun way to add a little disney to your look.
- Sun Glasses – I can’t tell you how many pairs of kids sun glasses I have gone through for my daughter! I stopped spending good money on the cool sun glasses and started to get her these ones. If she forget them on a ride it will be no big deal to me.
- Ear plugs – For some kids the fireworks can be too loud. Last time we carried around a pair of kid headphones for my daughter but they took up so much room in my bag. These soft ear plugs are great to help little ones ears without taking up a lot of room.
- Baby wipes – Now even if you child is out of diapers these really come in handy to help clean up sticky messy like after eating some mickey ice cream!
- Tissues – I was so excited to see they have the great travel size tissue pack with disney characters. It helps convince little ones to blow their nose instead of picking them when they have their favorite character on the pack.
- Batteries – These are great to have around to recharge all the toys to keep your little one busy.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here