Easy and festive, these Chocolate Drizzled Marshmallows are a fun party treat. Marshmallow pops are perfect for kids and adults, these marshmallows on a stick can be adapted to any holiday or occasion! 100% kid-approved too!
Chocolate Drizzled Marshmallow Pops
This recipe turns a favorite childhood treat into a spectacular dessert even adults will love. These chocolate dipped marshmallows are like a childhood dream come true, with soft, chewy marshmallows dipped in chocolate and topped with sprinkles. Who can resist that?! (Not me, my kids or anyone else I’ve met, for sure!).
These chocolate drizzled marshmallows are great because they are great for everyday fun (my kids LOVE making these) but also work as a great party treat as well. You can easily adjust the ingredients to make these festive colors for Christmas, Halloween, baby showers, and more. Children and adults alike can enjoy these without feeling silly.
To make things even easier and fancier, I turned these dipped marshmallows into marshmallows on a stick. It makes them easier to grab and go for party snacks and easy for kids to grab too. Plus it makes decorating SO much easier!
How to Store Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
These chocolate drizzled marshmallows will stay fresh for up to a week, when stored properly. Once the chocolate has hardened, store them in an airtight container. If you need to make more than one layer, place parchment paper between layers.
You can store these at room temperature or in the fridge. If your home is humid or warm, I do recommend the fridge to prevent any melting of the chocolate.
Festive Marshmallows-On-A-Stick Ideas
The beauty of chocolate dipped marshmallows is that you can take this basic recipe and adapt it to any season, holiday or occasion! I used your everyday basic white marshmallows and chocolate melting chocolate but you can easily make this with fun shaped marshmallows, any type or color of melting chocolate and festive sprinkles. Here are a few ideas for inspiration:
- Christmas: Use colored marshmallows or ones shaped like Christmas trees, red or green melting chocolate, and/or Christmas tree sprinkles.
- Chanukah: Use blue melting chocolate or sprinkles. You can likely find some themed sprinkles too.
- Halloween: Orange or ghost shaped marshmallows or fun pumpkin, ghost or black cat sprinkles.
- Thanksgiving: Fun yellow, orange and red leaves for sprinkles.
- Baby shower: Blue and pink melting chocolate with corresponding sprinkles.
Dipped Marshmallow Topping Ideas
Want to get a little more creative than just sprinkles on your dipped marshmallows? Here are a few more fun topping ideas:
- Crushed candy like M&Ms or Reese’s pieces
- Toasted coconut
- Sea salt
- Crushed peppermint
- Crushed pretzels (or use pretzel sticks instead of skewers!)
- Reece’s pieces
- Crushed peppermints
Variations of this recipe
Change up the chocolate. I like using milk chocolate or dark chocolate but you can also use white chocolate or different colored chocolate melts.
Use flavored Marshmallows. You can also use different flavored marshmallows when making these chocolate marshmallow pops. My kids loved it when I used stuffed marshmallows to make them. You can even use homemade marshmallows!
Add more flavors. You can also drizzle peanut butter, caramel and other flavor toppings along with the melted chocolate to change things up.
Chocolate Drizzled Marshmallows Ingredients
- 36 large Marshmallows
- 12 ounce bag Melting Chocolate
- 1 cup Sprinkles, nuts, or other toppings of choice
- Skewers or lollipop sticks
How to Make Chocolate Drizzled Marshmallows
Melt chocolate in 20-second intervals in the microwave, stirring each time you check it. Or use a double boiler to melt the chocolate.
Insert straw or skewer into marshmallows and place 3 marshmallows on each one. Set on waxed paper or a plate.
Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the marshmallows – I used a fork but you could cut a hole in a baggie and use that as well.
Add sprinkles and other toppings immediately, or chocolate will harden and toppings will not stick.
Refrigerate until chocolate is completely hardened.
More Easy Marshmallow Treats
- Homemade Marshmallow Fluff
- Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting
- Marshmallow Hot Cocoa Cups
- North Pole Marshmallow Pops
- Reindeer Marshmallow Pops
- Homemade Marshmallows
- Snowman Marshmallow Pops
- Chrismtas Tree Marshmallow Pops
- Easter Marshmallow Pops
Chocolate Drizzled Marshmallows
- 36 Marshmallows
- 12 ounces Melting Chocolate
- 1 cup Sprinkles nuts, or other toppings of choice
- Melt chocolate in 20-second intervals in the microwave, stirring each time you check it. Or use a double boiler.
- Insert straw or skewer into marshmallows. Set on waxed paper or a plate.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the marshmallows – I used a fork but you could cut a hole in a baggie and use that as well.
- Add sprinkles and other toppings immediately, or chocolate will harden and toppings will not stick.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is completely hardened.
- These would be great for a holiday dessert buffet! Customize with holiday colors, other melted chocolates, nuts, sprinkles, or anything your heart desires!
Comments & Reviews
Scan we dO marshmallows ahead a couple of days before and keep in fridge?