Love Lemons? Then you are going to be a big fan of this easy cake mix cookie recipe. Lemon Cake Mix Cookies are the perfect way to get your lemon fix! These cookies are light, fluffy, and full of lemon flavor. They’re perfect for a quick and easy dessert. Also known as Lemon Crinkle Cookies, these cookies are sure to be a hit with anyone who takes a bite!
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
What isn’t to love about easy lemon cookies. These delicious lemon cookies are thick and chewy with just the right amount of sweet and tart combination. Cake mix cookies come together in no time and disappear off the plate.
My kids love making these cake mix cookies. Made with a box of cake mix and a handful of simple ingredients these easy lemon cake mix cookies are the perfect easy cookie recipe. All you need is a box of lemon cake mix and a few pantry ingredients and you will be able to make these easy cake mix cookies.
These simple lemon cookies are perfect for spring and summer. A light lemon flavor that is delicious on its own or you can use them to make Lemon cookie sandwiches. These delicious cookies are perfect for your lemon lover friends and family members too!
If you love lemons, after making these lemon cake mix crinkle cookies you have to try some of my other easy lemon flavored recipes. All of them are perfect for spring and summer!
Why You’ll Love These Lemon Cake Cookies
- Refreshing lemon flavor. The lemon is a burst of light and refreshing flavors that you will be craving all year long.
- Only 4 ingredients. The cake mix gives you all of the dry ingredients you need for making lemon cake mix cookies. You are only adding in wet ingredients and then rolling the cookies in powdered sugar. They are seriously the easiest cookies ever to make.
- Simple to make. These cookies are as simple as add the ingredients, mix scoop, roll in powdered sugar, and then bake. This easy recipe will be one that you make often after making them the first time.
- Perfect recipe for getting kids in the kitchen. With no stand mixer needed or much measuring this simple recipe is one that beginner bakers will easily be able to make.
- Great for bake sales. These cookies are great when you need a last minute dessert like bake sales.
What is the difference between cake and cookie mix?
Cake mix, when made according to the directions is a thin batter while cookie mix makes a thick dense dough. When you are making cake mix cookies, you are using the cake mix as the base of the cookies and adding in a few more ingredients but you are not creating the cake batter in the traditional way.
How to Get More Lemon Flavor in the Cookies
When you are making these lemon cookies, you are getting your lemon flavor from the cake mix but you might want more. In that case, you can add lemon concentrate, lemon extract, or lemon zest to the batter.
How to Store the Lemon Cookies
These cookies will last for about 7 days when you store them at room temperature in an airtight container. If you would like them to last a little longer, you can store them in the refrigerator. This will help the cake mix cookies to last for about 2 weeks.
If you need more time to eat your cookies, you can place them in the freezer.
How to Freeze Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
To freeze these lemon cake mix cookies, you will want to place the cookies on a plate or cookie sheet and place them in the freezer. Let the cookies freeze for about 30 minutes before moving them to an airtight container or freezer bag. The cookies will last for about 3 months in the freezer.
To thaw, remove the cookies and let thaw on the counter for about 2 hours before serving.
Tips for Making Lemon Cookies with Cake Mix
Do not overbake. You do not want to wait until the cookies are brown before removing from the oven. The cookies will be soft when they are done baking. If they are brown, the cookies are overbaked. The cookies will come out soft and will set as they cool.
If the dough seems too sticky to work with, place it in the refrigerator. This will make the dough easier to work with.
Make sure the cookies are the same size and shape for easier baking. I like to use a cookie scoop.
Only bake one cookie sheet at a time. Baking multiple cookie sheets at one time can interfere with the cookies baking properly.
Variations of this cookie recipe
Frosting. Make these cookies into sandwich cookies. Take one cookie and add a small dollop of frosting. Then place a second cookie on top and it creates a delicious sandwich cookie. Buttercream frosting works well, strawberry frosting would work and so would a basic cream cheese frosting.
Sprinkles. Sprinkles make everything better, so adding them to the strawberry cake mix cookies just makes these cookies fun. You can decorate the cookies according to the time of year or holidays, or just go way out with your favorite sprinkles.
Add Chocolate chips. You can add a cup of white chocolate chips to the cookie dough for a tasty white chocolate lemon cookie.
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies Add Ins
- White Chocolate Chips
- Shredded coconut
- Lemon chips
- More Lemon flavor- Using lemon juice, lemon zest, or lemon extract
How to Tell When the Cake Mix Cookies are Done
You want to make sure you are baking the perfect cake mix cookies for about 10 minutes. When you look at the cookies, they will seem soft. The centers are soft set and a little gooey. So do not wait until the cookies are browned to remove them from the oven. The cookies will be burned.
Lemon Cake Mix Cookie Ingredients
- 1 box Lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 cups powdered sugar
How to make Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a large mixing bowl combine the dry cake mix, eggs, and oil. Stir until well combined.
Pour your powder sugar into a bowl.
Scoop the cookie dough with a 1 tablespoon size scoop into cookie dough balls.
Roll the cookie dough into a ball and then roll dough balls in the powder sugar.
Place dough balls after being rolled in powdered sugar on a cookie sheet pan leaving two inches in between each cookie.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the edges are slightly brown on the edges.
Cake Mix Recipes
- Grinch Cake mix cookies
- Chocolate Cake mix cookies
- Red Velvet Cake mix cookies
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil. Stir until well combined.
- Pour your powder sugar into a bowl.
- Scoop them with a 1 tablespoon size scoop. Roll your dough into a ball and roll the balls in the powder sugar.
- Place the cookies on a sheet pan leaving two inches in between each cookie.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the edges are slightly brown on the edges.