Lemon Meringue Pie, the amazing pie that is smooth, yet fluffy and has a slight tartness that is amazing! My grandmother’s favorite pie was Lemon Meringue and it has always been one that I have enjoyed.
This easy Lemon Meringue Pie recipe is perfect for anyone who is wanting to make it for the first time ever.
For this Lemon Meringue Pie recipe I used a store bought crust, as I was wanting it to be quick and easy. However if you are wanting a homemade pie crust, you can totally do that as well. Just follow these directions on How to Make a pie crust.
I think this homemade Lemon Meringue Pie is perfect for bringing to a picnic or a BBQ. Spring is coming and that also means warm weather and this Lemon Meringue Pie is a lighter dessert that is perfect for warmer weather.
Lemon Meringue Pie
Lemon Meringue Pie Ingredients
- 1 pre-baked pie crust
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
Lemon Meringue Pie Directions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine that sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and egg yolks, stir until well combined. Pour the mixture into the bottom of your cooled piecrust.
- In the bowl of your mixer place your egg whites and cream of tartar and whisk until soft peaks form. Slowly incorporate your sugar while the mixture whips. Turn off the mixer once you have reached stiff peaks.
- Place the meringue on top of the lemon custard and spread around to form small peaks.
- Place the pie in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the meringues have slightly browned.
Looking for more desserts that are amazing? Check these out!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here