I have always loved a classic baked ziti and this Sausage Baked Ziti is a tasty twist. My daughter is also a big fan of it but she kept asking where was the hot dogs…. she thinks sausages are hot dogs lol. So I decided to put a small twist on my normal baked ziti and add some sausage for my daughter and we all loved it! When making any pasta dishes in my house I stick with homemade sauce, the jar stuff works if you are short on time but I love homemade so much more.
Check out these sides that go amazing with this recipe to finish up the meal!
Sausage Baked Ziti
Sausage Baked Ziti Ingredients
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ziti pasta
- 3 cup your favorite tomato sauce
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
Sausage Baked Ziti Directions
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease you 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a frying pan heat your olive oil over medium heat and add your sausage. Brown all sides of the sausage than remove them from the heat. Slice your sausages in to 1/3 of an inch pieces.
- Cook your pasta just one minute shy of al dente and drain from the water.
- Mix your sausage, pasta, sauce and half of the mozzarella cheese together, pour the mixture into your baking pan. Top with your remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the cheese is golden brown. Let it rest for 5 minutes than serve.