This is a recipe for an easy to make, crowd-pleasing Easy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich. The best part about this dish is that the ingredients are simple and most of them you would have on hand anyway! This buffalo ranch chicken also makes your house smell amazing while it cooks. We have included directions for Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken and Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken, so you can make shredded buffalo chicken whichever way you want to.
Shredded Buffalo Chicken
Who else loves buffalo chicken sandwiches? So often the chicken is breaded and deep fried. Not something that is really good for a healthy dinner. I love a good buffalo sandwich but I wanted something that is not so heavy and not so high in fat and calories. After I made this buffalo ranch chicken, I like to press it in a Panini press with some high quality bread. Oh it is so good and makes a delicious healthy dinner.
Looking to make this a low carb option. Serve this buffalo chicken on a low carb tortilla or low carb bread. You can also use this buffalo ranch chicken (made in the InstantPot or Slow Cooker) to make chicken lettuce wraps that are great for if you are eating keto.
Can I Make It in the Oven
If you wanted to make this buffalo chicken in the oven you good. I like cooking it in the slow cooker because the flavor gets deep inside the chicken and it takes very little work from me. All I have to do is throw it in the crock pot before I start my day. If you want to cook it in the oven, I would place the chicken on the sheet pan and then coat it well with the buffalo sauce and the ranch mix. Be sure to coat both sides. Bake for 15 minutes, flips, reapply more buffalo sauce and cook about another 15 minutes or until the chicken is baked through. It might take longer depending on the size of the chicken breast.
Then you will finish making this chicken sandwich as the recipe says. You will shred the chicken and mix it together with the sauce.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
There are lots of side dish recipes that pair well with this chicken sandwich recipe. Since I am saving a lot of cooking time using the slow cooker or the instant pot that frees up time to make side dishes that I really want to. I like making homemade chips and homemade fries, cold salads are also great side dishes for this recipe. If you are looking for side dish recipes, check out some of my favorites.
- Steak Fries
- Baked mac and cheese
- Garlic Parmesan Sweet potato fries
- Baked Zucchini Fries
- Corn on The Cob
- Broccoli Slaw
- Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots
How to Serve Shredded Buffalo Chicken
You can use this buffalo chicken recipe to make sandwiches, wraps, salads. Most of the time we use it to make sandwiches and love using fluffy rolls. After cooking this easy buffalo chicken, serve it however you prefer.
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich toppings
You can enjoy this sandwich as is on your favorite rolls but you can fancy it up easily with toppings if you want to.
- tomato slices
- red onion
- Drizzle ranch dressing
- Pepperjack cheese
How to Control the Heat in This Chicken
If you want to make sure this buffalo chicken isn’t too spicy, you want to make sure you are using a mild sauce. If you want to make the chicken spicier you can add a sauce with more heat or you can add jalapeno peppers to other hot peppers to the sauce. You can also add a traditional hot sauce to the buffalo sauce to make this sauce a little hotter.
How to Store Leftovers
I recommend not assembling the sandwiches until it is time to serve it. The bread will get soggy. However, I like to make extra chicken so that we have leftovers the next day. You want to make sure to keep the chicken in an airtight container. Keep it in the refrigerator. The longer the chicken is at room temperature the sooner the chicken will go spoil.
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Ingredients
- Raw boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Favorite Buffalo wing sauce
- Dry Ranch mix or homemade ranch seasoning
- Rolls, buns, wraps ect. for serving
- Toppings of choice
How to Make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
Pour half of the buffalo sauce in the instant pot then top with chicken breasts.
Pour the rest of the sauce on top of the chicken and sprinkle with the ranch mix.
Place the lid on the instant pot and lock in place making sure the vent is turned to ‘sealing’. Set to manual mode (pressure cook setting) for 15 minutes.
Let the pressure release naturally once cooking is complete. This will take 10-15 minutes.
Shred the chicken breasts with two forks and serve this Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken as desired.
How to make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
Place the chicken breasts in your slow cooker.
Pour the bottle of wing sauce over the top of the chicken.
Sprinkle the packet of ranch mix over the top of the wing sauce.
Place the lid on your slow cooker.
Cook on low for 7-9 hours until meat shreds easily.
Remove meat and shred it using two forks.
Return shredded meat to the sauce. Stir to combine.
Continue to cook on low for another hour so the meat can soak up the sauce.
Place the chicken on good quality bread and then press it together using a Panini press or put it on buns.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Buffalo chicken dip
- Buffalo Chicken Celery Sticks (Easy Keto Appetizer or Lunch!)
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
- Buffalo wings pretzels
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 oz bottle of Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 oz packet of dry Ranch mix
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Instructions
- Pour half of the buffalo sauce in the instant pot then top with chicken breasts.
- Pour the rest of the sauce on top of the chicken and sprinkle with the ranch mix.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and lock in place making sure the vent is turned to ‘sealing’. Set to manual mode (pressure cook setting) for 15 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally once cooking is complete. This will take 10-15 minutes.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Instructions
- Place the chicken breasts in your slow cooker.
- Pour the bottle of wing sauce over the top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the packet of ranch mix over the top of the wing sauce.
- Place the lid on your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours until meat shreds easily.
- Remove meat and shred it using two forks.
- Return shredded meat to the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Continue to cook on low for another hour so the meat can soak up the sauce.
Zero SmartPoints on Weight Watchers FreeStyle Plan
Points are for just the chicken mixture. Points will be added for bread, etc. added to the meat after cooking.
Looking for More Weight Watchers Recipes? Check these out!
On Weight Watchers? Check out these
- 11 Zero Point Weight Watchers Dinner Recipes and this list of amazing Weight Watchers Recipes!
- 21 ONE Point Weight Watchers Recipes
- 17 amazing Crockpot Weight Watchers Recipes
- 21 5 Point or less Weight Watchers Dinner Recipes
- 17 Weight Watchers Breakfast Recipes
Leave A Reply!