Hot Chocolate on a stick is an easy to make homemade hot chocolate that is not only amazing to drink but also makes for an amazing gift. You can customize hot chocolate on a stick to be your favorite hot chocolate flavors.
Hot Chocolate On A Stick
I am sure it is not a secret that we love hot chocolate around here. Once the cold starts coming the kids and I start enjoying hot chocolate in all sorts of ways and flavors. Drinking hot chocolate is one of the few things I actually like about winter and snow.
This hot chocolate on a stick recipe is perfect for making homemade hot chocolate to have on hand to enjoy anytime you want to. We like to make a few different flavors and then keep them in the fridge and use them as we want a nice warm glass of hot chocolate.
Love Hot Chocolate? Check out these tasty homemade Hot Chocolate recipes!
- Slow Cooker hot chocolate
- Whipped hot chocolate
- Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Pink Hot Chocolate
- Keto hot Chocolate
- Halloween Hot Chocolate
- Italian Hot Chocolate
- Starbucks Hot Chocolate
If you are looking for an awesome homemade chocolate gift then these hot chocolate sticks are perfect! Make a batch of them to go with some Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs, Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs, Hot Chocolate Truffles, Peppermint Hot Chocolate Spoons and hot Chocolate Spoons to make a homemade hot chocolate basket that is perfect for a gift! If you are looking for a way to make the gifts even more fun, grab the printable color your own gift tags.
How to Use Hot Chocolate on a Stick
When you are making hot chocolate with hot chocolate on a stick you want to heat up 8 ounces of milk.
Then add the hot chocolate stick to the milk and stir. The hot chocolate stick will melt and make the most amazing homemade hot chocolate.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Allow chocolate to harden fully. While you might be impatient like myself, when you are placing the chocolate in the freezer to harden back up it is important.
Use good quality chocolate. Using a higher quality chocolate will give you a better hot chocolate flavor.
Use good quality cocoa powder. Using a higher quality cocoa will give you a better hot chocolate flavor.
Make sure the chocolate is melted thoroughly. You want to make sure the chocolate is smoothly melted before you use it or you are going to end up with chunky chocolate.
Variations of Hot Chocolate on a Stick
Change up the chocolate. I use milk chocolate for mine but you can use dark chocolate if you want to. You can also use white chocolate, but if you are doing that then you will need to use white chocolate cocoa powder.
Change up the Flavors. The different flavors of hot chocolate come from the toppings that you sprinkle on top of the hot chocolate cubes. There are lots of different flavor hot cocoa combinations that you can make, here are just a few ideas, but feel free to get as creative as you want to!
- Marshmallow Hot Chocolate Sticks. Mini marshmallows on top of the hot chocolate mix.
- Caramel Hot Chocolate. Melt caramels or use homemade caramel sauce and then drizzle on top before putting them in the freezer.
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Sticks.Use Crushed Candy Canes or crushed peppermints.
- White Chocolate Hot Chocolate Sticks. Use white chocolate Curls, either premade ones or you can make your own chocolate curls.
- Peanut Butter hot chocolate Sticks. Use Peanut Butter baking chips for the topping.
- Andes Mint hot chocolate. Use chopped Andes Mints for the topping.
Hot Chocolate On A Stick Ingredients
- 18 ounces quality chocolate
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1/4 salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Hot Cocoa Toppings of choice
How to Make Hot Chocolate on a Stick
Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate until all the chocolate is smooth.
Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder, sugar, espresso powder, and salt. Pour in the heavy cream with a whisk or spoon until it all comes together.
Pour this mixture into a piping bag to make molding simple. Pipe the mixture into mini muffin tins or a silicon mold.
Sprinkle your favorite tops over the top of the chocolate.
Insert the popsicle sticks into the chocolate.
Place in the freezer for 20 minutes or until they have hardened.
Remove the chocolate from the molds by pulling up on the sticks.
Homemade Holiday Gift Recipes
- Easy Christmas Tree Brownies
- Christmas Tree Oreos
- Nutterbutter snowmen
- Reindeer Poop Christmas Cookies
- Santa hat cupcakes
Hot Chocolate on a stick
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate until all the chocolate is smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder, sugar, espresso powder, and salt. Pour in the heavy cream with a whisk or spoon until it all comes together.
- Pour this mixture into a piping bag to make molding simple. Pipe the mixture into mini muffin tins or a silicon mold.
- Sprinkle your favorite tops over the top of the chocolate.
- Insert the popsicle sticks into the chocolate.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes or until they have hardened.
- Remove the chocolate from the molds by pulling up on the sticks.