Italian Hot Chocolate is a rich and creamy hot chocolate. Made with real cocoa and milk is the ultimate hot chocolate. You can have this decadent hot chocolate made in about 5 minutes!
Italian Hot Chocolate
Rich creamy hot chocolate is a must on a cold day and this Italian hot chocolate is the perfect easy hot chocolate recipe. This recipe is so quick and easy to make that you can make it while the kids are taking off their cold weather gear.
What is Italian Hot Chocolate?
Italian hot chocolate is like a mix of chocolate mousse, pudding, and hot chocolate. I like to eat it with a spoon but my husband likes to just drink it out of the mug.
Love Hot Chocolate? Check out these hot Chocolate recipes!
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Spoons
- Whipped hot chocolate
- Hot Chocolate Spoons
- Marshmallow hot chocolate cups
- Hot chocolate spoons
- Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Pink Hot Chocolate
- Keto hot Chocolate
- Halloween Hot Chocolate
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs
Tips for Making this Recipe
Use good quality cocoa powder. Using a higher quality chocolate will give you a better hot chocolate flavor.
Stir constantly while cooking. It is important to keep stirring while the hot chocolate is cooking so the hot chocolate doesn’t burn.
How to Serve
You can enjoy it however you like, there is no wrong way to enjoy this homemade Hot Chocolate! My husband and myself enjoy it as is but the kids love it served with marshmallows or whipped cream.
Italian Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- granulated sugar
- whipped cream, optional
- Mini marshmallows, optional
How to Make Italian Hot Chocolate
Warm the milk in your microwave for 45 seconds. While warming the milk sift the cocoa powder in a sifter.
In a medium saucepan whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch together.
Slowly whisk in a quarter of the milk to create a thick paste.
Slowly whisk in the rest of the milk into the mixture.
Heat over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes until it reaches desired thickness. Pour into two mugs and enjoy.
Easy Drink Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee
- Salted Caramel Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Sugar Free Frappuccino
- Caramel Macchiato Recipe
- Whipped Strawberry Milk
- berry lemonade
- Whipped Chocolate Milk
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Whipped Coffee
Italian Hot Chocolate
- Warm the milk in your microwave. While warming the milk sift the cocoa powder in a sifter.
- In a medium saucepan whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch together.
- Slowly whisk in a quarter of the milk to create a thick paste.
- Slowly whisk in the rest of the milk into the mixture.
- Heat over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes until it reaches desired thickness. Pour into two mugs and enjoy.