If you love Starbucks Hot Chocolate then you are going to love being able to make it at home. This Starbucks hot chocolate copy cat recipe is so easy to make and tastes just like the hot cocoa you get at Starbucks!
Hot Chocolate Starbucks Copy Cat Recipe
I love Starbucks, which is no secret to all of you. I know you all know already that I love coffee and I love a good Starbucks Frap, but I am not sure I have shared with you my love of their hot chocolate.
It is the perfect balance of cocoa and milk and topped with whipped cream that makes the perfect treat for a cold day.
However when I am cold I so do not want to leave the house, so I came up with a hot cocoa recipe that tastes just like the one at Starbucks.
A little secret, you will also save a TON of money making hot chocolate at home instead of going to Starbucks.
Love hot chocolate? Be Sure to check out our other hot chocolate recipes!
- Hot chocolate cookies
- Whipped hot chocolate
- Marshmallow hot chocolate cups
- Hot chocolate spoons
- Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Pink Hot Chocolate
- Keto hot Chocolate
- Halloween Hot Chocolate
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate
Tips for making Hot chocolate
Use a good quality unsweetened cocoa powder. This will make all the difference when you are making this copy cat recipe. Ghirardelli Majestic Premium Cocoa Powder is a great option.
Use real Vanilla extract. There is a big difference in flavor using the artificial vanilla and real vanilla extract.
Heat thoroughly. Make sure the homemade chocolate syrup is thoroughly melted and mixed well. When heating it in the microwave do it in 10 second intervals if after the first 40 seconds it is not melted enough.
Make it Weight Watchers Friendly!
To make this Weight Watchers Friendly and have just 6 Weight Watchers Smart Points use skim milk, Torani Sugar Free Vanilla syrup instead of the vanilla extract and 2 packets of splenda instead of sugar. For reference the grande hot chocolate with no whipped cream at Starbucks is 12 Smartpoints.
Homemade Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- Quality unsweetened cocoa
- granulated white sugar
- vanilla extract
Homemade Hot Chocolate
Mix the water, cocoa and sugar into a microwave safe bowl or cup and heat for approximately 40 seconds or until warm.
Mix well to create the chocolate syrup.
Add milk and vanilla and stir well.
Heat in the microwave for about 60 seconds or until hot.
Serve with whipped cream or marshmallows.
Starbucks Copy Cat Recipes
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Salted Caramel Frappuccino Starbucks Drink Copycat
- Copy Cat Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice
- Starbucks Caramel Macchiato Recipe
- Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Syrup Recipe
- Cinnamon Roll Frappuccino
Copycat Starbucks Hot Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the water, cocoa and sugar into a microwave safe bowl and heat for approximately 40 seconds or until warm.
- Mix well to create the chocolate syrup.
- Add milk and vanilla and stir well.
- Heat in the microwave for about 60 seconds or until hot.
- Serve with whipped cream or marshmallows.