Unicorn hot chocolate. Rich and creamy white hot chocolate topped with frosting and fun toppings that are sure to make everyone smile just seeing it. This whimsical treat is perfect for a Unicorn Birthday Party or a family movie night!
Unicorn Hot Chocolate
This unicorn hot chocolate looks like it will be time consuming to make, but I promise you that it is quick and easy. Have the adult make the hot chocolate and then let the kids do the decorating and you have a fun activity that also makes for a tasty treat.
It is freezing cold here right now. The snow is falling randomly, we are having lots of chilly days and we are all feeling chilly. What better way to make a cold day better then with a cup of warm hot chocolate. This white hot chocolate recipe is decorated super fun for the kids to look like a unicorn, hence the name Unicorn hot chocolate.
It is no secret that we love hot chocolate in our house and if you love hot chocolate then be sure to check out all of our other hot chocolate recipes.
- Whipped hot chocolate
- Hot Chocolate Spoons
- Marshmallow hot chocolate cups
- Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Pink Hot Chocolate
- Keto hot Chocolate
- Santa Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Gingerbread house Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- Italian Hot Chocolate
- Starbucks Hot Chocolate
- Caramel hot chocolate
This is the perfect hot chocolate recipe to use when you are making a hot chocolate bar for kids. If you are wanting to have Unicorn ears and eyes grab the Unicorn decorating set that comes with them – that is what I used for our Unicorn faces.
Unicorn Hot Chocolate Toppings
When it comes to making unicorn hot chocolate totally fun for the kids it is the toppings. There are so many different toppings that you can use to customize this kid loved hot chocolate recipe. Get creative, let the kids get creative.
- mini rainbow lollipops
- mini marshmallows
- rainbow candy belts
- unicorn mix sprinkles
- rainbow sprinkles
- candy unicorn horns
- Frosting – My kids love it when I use vanilla buttercream or marshmallow buttercream on top, but you can also use other flavors and even use food coloring to color it if you want to.
- Whipped cream
Tips for Making
Use quality Chocolate. You can use white chocolate chips or regular white chocolate but you will get the creamiest hot chocolate if you use quality white chocolate.
Gel or liquid food coloring. You can use either one, but make sure you add it slowly so that it mixes well with the hot chocolate. If you want a different color hot chocolate then use a different color food coloring. If you are not a fan of using food coloring you don’t have to use it, it will not change the flavor of the hot chocolate.
Make it pretty. For the best results use a clear glass so you can see the hot chocolate. I also suggest sticking with the same color scheme, use the same color scheme for the hot chocolate, frosting, sprinkles and candy toppings.
Unicorn Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips – You can also use Funfetti Morsels or Unicorn Morsels
- red food coloring
- 1/4 cup vanilla frosting or blue frosting
- 1/2 cup rainbow or unicorn mix sprinkles
- whipped cream
- Fun toppings
Unicorn Hot Chocolate Directions
In a saucepan over medium heat, bring your evaporated milk and whole milk to a boil. Keeping an eye on the milk so it doesn’t boil over.
Remove the saucepan from heat and add in the white chocolate. Stir until all of the white chocolate has melted.
Slowly add a drop of red food coloring’s in at a time until you get a nice soft pink color.
Place you frosting in a medium bowl, dip the top of your glass into the frosting.
Pour the sprinkles into a plate, dip for frosting lined glass into the sprinkles.
Pour into 3 glasses and top with whip cream, sprinkles, and candy.
Fun Unicorn Recipes
Unicorn Hot Chocolate
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring your evaporated milk and whole milk to a boil. Keeping an eye on the milk so it doesn’t boil over.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add in the white chocolate. Stir until all of the white chocolate has melted.
- Slowly add a drop of red food coloring’s in at a time until you get a nice soft pink color.
- Place you frosting in a medium bowl, dip the top of your glass into the frosting.
- Pour the sprinkles into a plate, dip for frosting lined glass into the sprinkles.
- Pour into your glass and top with whip cream, sprinkles, and candy.