These Patriotic Marshmallow Pops are perfect for any 4th of July, Memorial Day or Labor Day party. These patriotic marshmallow pops easy to make and are sure to be a great hit at any party! Easy to make chocolate covered marshmallows that are red white and blue themed are one of our favorite no bake summer desserts.
Patriotic Marshmallow Pops
Making Marshmallow Pops is one of my favorite party treats to make. They are so easy to make and they are always a hit. Sweet marshmallows dipped in melted chocolate are one of the best flavor combinations ever. Marshmallow Pops and chocolate covered marshmallows are always something my kids get excited about. I try to make fun chocolate covered marshmallow pops for every holiday because the kids love them so much.
You can totally make homemade marshmallows to make these or stick with the store-bought marshmallows. Either option will end you up with a delicious treat. Depending on how much time I have depends on which way I go when it comes to the marshmallows that I use.
Easy Red White and Blue Desserts
- American Flag Cake
- Strawberry Blueberry trifle
- Fruit Lasagna Frozen Ice Box Cake
- Red, White and Blue Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies
- Red White and Blue M&M Cookies
- Red, White and Blue Slushie
Variations of this Recipe
Change up the decorations. I like using sprinkles but you can also use drizzled melted candy melts or add candies like mini M&Ms or small candy pieces.
Change up the Candy Melts. I like using the white chocolate melts but you can also use the red candy melts or the blue candy melts.
Tips for Making Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Pops
Melting chocolate. It is important to use a quality melting chocolate when you are dipping marshmallows in chocolate.
Use a Double Boiler to melt chocolate. As easy as it is to melt chocolate in the microwave I find it much easier to dip marshmallows when I am melting chocolate in a double boiler.
How to Thin Chocolate when Making Chocolate covered Marshmallows
If your chocolate is thick you can add a little shortening to help thin out your chocolate. This is not always needed, but if you need to just add a teaspoon at a time to the chocolate and stir it well to combine and melt the shortening into the chocolate.
How to Store Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
After making these chocolate covered marshmallow pops, let the chocolate harden completely and then store in an airtight container.
When you are storing chocolate covered marshmallows you do not need to store them in the fridge unless it is warm and the temperature is warm enough to melt the chocolate.
Patriotic Marshmallow Pops Ingredients
- lollipop sticks
- 1 bag of red candy melts
- blue and white non perils
- star sprinkles
How to Make Patriotic Marshmallow Pops
Melt the chocolate candy melts in a microwave or double boiler according to package directions until they are fully melted.
Dip the lollipop sticks into the chocolate and then into the marshmallow.
Then dip the marshmallows into the melted candy, turning to cover them completely.
Tap the stick on the edge of the container to get of the extra chocolate.
Sprinkle with the non perils.
Top with the star.
Stand the marshmallows upright in a glass filled with uncooked rice or beans.
Put the glass in the fridge until the chocolate has cooled and hardened slightly, about 5 minutes.
Love Chocolate Covered Marshmallows? Check these out!
- Christmas Tree Chocolate Covered Marshmallows
- Reindeer Marshmallow Pops
- Snowman Marshmallow Pops
- St. Patricks Day Marshmallow Pops
- North pole Marshmallow Pops
- Carrot Marshmallow Pops
- Turkey Marshmallow Pops
Patriotic Marshmallow Pops
- Melt the chocolate candy melts in a microwave or double boiler according to package directions until they are fully melted.
- Dip the lollipop sticks into the chocolate and then into the marshmallow.
- Then dip the marshmallows into the melted candy, turning to cover them completely.
- Tap the stick on the edge of the container to get of the extra chocolate.
- Sprinkle with the non perils.
- Top with the star.
- Stand the marshmallows upright in a glass filled with uncooked rice or beans.
- Put the glass in the fridge until the chocolate has cooled and hardened slightly, about 5 minutes.