Snowman hot chocolate bombs are the perfect winter hot chocolate bomb to make. Not only do they look super cute and make great gifts, but they make an amazing cup of hot chocolate! These homemade hot chocolate bombs are going to be loved by all!
Snowman Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe
If you are looking for a super cute hot chocolate bomb to make that is perfect for giving as a gift then you are going to love these adorable snowman hot chocolate bombs. Using white chocolate, hot chocolate powder, and marshmallows for the insides and then decorating them to look like a snowman’s face, these hot chocolate bombs are perfect for winter!
What is a Hot Chocolate Bomb?
Hot chocolate bombs are an enjoyable and easy way to have a good time with hot chocolate. They are chocolate spheres made by pouring melted chocolate into half sphere molds. Before sealing the spheres, you fill them with hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, and other yummy things. Once sealed, you can either keep them for yourself or give them to someone special.
When you’re ready to enjoy it, you simply put the chocolate ball filled with hot chocolate goodies into a mug, and pour hot milk over it. The warm milk melts the chocolate sphere, causing the insides of the bomb to pop open. Then you stir it all together to make a delicious hot chocolate.
You can purchase them from places like Amazon, Etsy, and local shops, but they can be pricey. Making your own hot chocolate bombs is actually quite easy and doesn’t require much effort. It may take a little time and practice to get it just right, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll find it’s a breeze to make hot chocolate bombs at home.
Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipes
- Santa Hot chocolate Bombs
- Gingerbread house hot chocolate bombs
- Easter Bunny Hot chocolate Bombs
- Heart Shaped hot chocolate bombs
- Unicorn Hot chocolate Bombs
- Peppermint Hot chocolate bombs
How to make Hot Chocolate with Hot Chocolate Bombs
To use your hot chocolate bombs, warm up 2 cups of milk either in the microwave or on the stove.
Next, place the hot chocolate bomb into your mug of warm milk. As the milk heats up, it will melt the chocolate, allowing the hot cocoa filling inside to emerge.
Use a spoon to stir the milk and the contents of the hot chocolate bomb together, creating a delightful cup of hot chocolate.
How Much Hot Milk do I need to make hot chocolate with a Hot Chocolate bomb?
Depending on the size of them you will need 1 – 1.5 cups of milk. For a stronger flavor use less milk, but I suggest never using less than one cup of milk.
How long do hot chocolate bombs last?
Homemade Hot chocolate bombs will stay fresh for up to 2 months if stored in an airtight container in a cool place. You can store them in the fridge if you want to and I suggest doing so if your house is really warm.
How to Store Hot Chocolate Bombs
Allow the Snowman’s Face hot chocolate bombs to set completely after you have made them before storing them.
Place the hot chocolate bombs in an airtight container to protect them from moisture, which can cause the chocolate to become soggy or lose its texture.
It is important to store the hot chocolate bombs in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight or heat sources, as excessive heat can cause the chocolate to melt and lose its shape.
While it’s generally not necessary to store hot chocolate bombs in the fridge, if the temperature is quite warm, you can store the hot chocolate bombs in the refrigerator. However, make sure to place them in an airtight container or wrap them tightly with plastic wrap to prevent them from absorbing any odors from the refrigerator.
Can I Freeze Hot chocolate bombs?
Freezing hot chocolate bombs is not recommended, as it can affect the texture and flavor of the chocolate and the fillings. Additionally, condensation can form on the chocolate when it’s removed from the freezer, causing it to become soggy.
Tips for Making Hot Chocolate Bombs
If you are just getting started with making hot chocolate bombs make sure to check out my how to make hot chocolate bombs post with all the information and tips and tricks to making hot chocolate bombs.
Make sure the chocolate is melted thoroughly. You want to make sure the chocolate is smoothly melted before you use it in the chocolate molds. You can microwave per the directions on the package or melt the chocolate with a double boiler.
Allow the chocolate to harden fully. While you might be impatient like myself, when you are placing the chocolate in the freezer to harden back up it is important. You need to let it fully harden or you will have issues removing it from the molds, and you will have issues with the chocolate bombs falling apart.
Use good quality chocolate. Using chocolate melts is the easiest way to go but using a higher quality chocolate will give you a better hot chocolate flavor. If you are wanting a rich and deep chocolate flavor then stick with areal chocolate over candy melts.
Use the right type of mold. If you are using chocolate then you can use acrylic molds or silicone molds, if you are using candy melts then it is a must to use silicone molds.
Create a sturdy shell: Ensure the chocolate shell of the bomb is thick enough to withstand the hot liquid. Thicker shells are less likely to crack and will melt slowly when hot milk is poured over them.
What mold is best for making hot chocolate bombs?
You can use silicone molds, acrylic molds, or metal molds. I think that using silicone molds is better because it’s basically foolproof. You can really use any size that you want to and some molds in different shapes can be used as well.
I prefer using the smaller spheres when I am making them for the kids, but when I am gifting them I like to use the larger spheres because I can fill them with more hot cocoa and fun fillings.
If you are using candy melts when making easy hot chocolate bombs, then you will have to use silicone molds instead of using acrylic molds. If you are using melted chocolate then you can use either type of mold to make hot chocolate bombs.
Snowman Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe Ingredients
- White Candy Melts. You can also use white chocolate chips or chocolate wafers.
- Hot chocolate Powder Mix. You can use any flavor hot chocolate powder including white hot chocolate powder, dark chocolate powder, or milk chocolate hot chocolate powder.
- Large Marshmallows (cut in half). You can also use mini marshmallows if you prefer.
- Orange Starburst Candies.
- Large Candy Eyes.
- Sphere silicone mold
How to Make Snowman Hot Chocolate Bombs
This Recipe makes 6 hot chocolate bombs. Each mold makes 6 half spheres, you will either need to have 2 molds or make one set of 3 hot chocolate bombs and then make the other 3 when the first set is completed.
Put the white chocolate candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and melt it in the microwave following the instructions on the package. Stir the melted chocolate to make sure it is completely melted.
Once melted, add 1 tablespoon of the melted candy into half of a round mold and use the back of the spoon to spread it around evenly. Do this for all 12 halves. Keep the extra melted candy for later.
Put the molds in the freezer for 5 minutes.
While the molds are in the freezer, put some orange starburst candies on a plate in the microwave for 5 seconds to make them soft. Shape them into small cones to look like carrots.
Remove the molds from the freezer and take the chocolate out of the molds.
If the edges of the chocolate are uneven, warm a plate in the microwave and press the uneven edge of the chocolate cup onto it for 10 seconds to even it out. Do this for all the cups if needed.
Fill 6 of the molds with a spoonful of hot cocoa mix and half a big marshmallow.
Warm a plate in the microwave and press the open side of an empty chocolate half onto it for 10 seconds. Then, stick this edge to the top of a filled cup to make a whole sphere.
How to Decorate the Snowman Face
Remelt the white chocolate in the microwave and use it to attach the face pieces.
You will add 2 candy eyes to each snowman face. Put some melted chocolate on the back of a candy eyeball and place it on the top side of the hot cocoa bomb.
Attach the carrot nose by using melted chocolate to the snowman’s face to each hot chocolate bomb. Place it on the front middle of a hot cocoa bomb, between the eyes.
Put the spheres in the freezer for 5-10 minutes minutes to fully set.
Hot Chocolate Recipes
- Hot chocolate cookies
- Whipped hot chocolate
- Hot Chocolate Spoons
- Marshmallow hot chocolate cups
- Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Pink Hot Chocolate
- Keto hot Chocolate
- Halloween Hot Chocolate
- Italian Hot Chocolate
- Slow Cooker hot chocolate
- Starbucks Hot Chocolate
- Peppermint Hot chocolate spoons
Snowman hot chocolate bombs
- 2 cups White Candy Melts
- 12 tablespoons hot chocolate powder mix
- 3 Large Marshmallows cut in half
- 6 Orange Starburst Candies
- 12 Large Candy Eyes
- Put the white chocolate candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and melt it in the microwave following the instructions on the package. Stir the melted chocolate to make sure it is completely melted.
- Once melted, add the melted candy into half of a round mold and use the back of the spoon to spread it around evenly. Do this for all 12 halves. Keep the extra melted candy for later.
- Put the molds in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- While the molds are in the freezer, put some orange starburst candies on a plate in the microwave for 5 seconds to make them soft. Shape them into small cones to look like carrots.
- Remove the molds out of the freezer and gently take the chocolate out of the molds.
- If the edges of the chocolate are uneven, warm a plate in the microwave and press the uneven edge of the chocolate cup onto it for 10 seconds to even it out. Do this for all the cups if needed.
- Fill 6 of the molds with 2 tablespoons of hot cocoa mix and half a big marshmallow.
- Warm a plate in the microwave and press the open side of an empty chocolate half onto it for 10 seconds. Then, stick this edge to the top of a filled cup to make a whole sphere.
- With the reserved melted chocolate, pipe a little bit of the melted chocolate on the back of a candy eyeball and immediately place it on the top side of a hot cocoa bomb. Repeat with the other eyeballs, adding two to each bomb. If you need to remelt the chocolate do so in 10-second increments until it is melted again.
- Add a little bit of the melted chocolate on the back of a starburst candy carrot and immediately place it on the front middle of a hot cocoa bomb, between the eyes. Repeat with the other carrots, adding one to each snowman’s face.
- Put the spheres in the freezer for 5-10 minutes minutes to fully set. Then store them in a container until you’re ready to use them.
Viral Tik Tok Recipes you will love
Lots of hot recipes are popping up on Tik Tok that are so much fun and super tasty to make.
Olive Garden Chicken. Dump it all in the crockpot and let it cook, then mix with pasta for a chicken crockpot recipe the whole family will love.
Whipped Strawberry milk. Strawberry milk taken up a notch, whipped and beautiful while having the most amazing strawberry milk flavor.
Smoked Queso. Easy to make queso that is cheesy and delicious and made on the grill!
Whipped Matcha. Easy to make matcha latte that is not only beautiful but tasty to drink!
Whipped Hot Chocolate. Hot chocolate gets even better when it is whipped into a beautiful drink!
Dalgona Coffee. Coffee is life for me and it is even more fun when it is whipped coffee, hot or cold!
Keto Dalgona Coffee. The keto version of the hot trending viral coffee that is perfect for anyone on a low carb or keto diet.