Candied Pecan Rice Krispie Treats. Soft and chewy rice krispie treats topped with candied pecans and a drizzle of white chocolate for an amazing easy rice krispie treat.
Candied Pecan Rice Krispie Treats
I love rice krispies. There is something about them that always makes me smile when I take a bite of these sweet and crunchy marshmallow treats. I wanted to come up with a new twist on them and came up with these Candied Pecan Rice Krispie Treats. They take my love for rice krispies and my love for candied pecans and combine them into a deliciously tasty treat.
If you are looking for a fancy rice krispie treat recipe then you are going to love these. All the awesomeness of a traditional rice krispie treats fancied up with some candied pecans and a drizzle of white chocolate. Oh yum!
Rice Krispie Treats Recipes
- M&M Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Covered Rice Krispies
- Snowball Rice Krispie
- Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie
- Peppermint Bark Rice Krispie treats
- Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats
- Christmas tree rice krispie
- Pumpkin spice rice krispie treats
Tips for Making Rice Krispie Treats
Prevent Sticking. When you are making these line your baking dish with greased parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment paper on hand make sure you grease your baking dish well. I use nonstick baking spray to grease my baking dishes and parchment paper.
Do not pack rice krispie treats mixture in to the pan. To achieve soft, and chewy while being crispy marshmallow rice krispie treats you want to be gentle when pressing the mixture into your baking pan.
Use a silicone spatula. I find it best to use a silicone spatula or spoon and spray it generously with non stick spray. Then I gently spread with out pushing down hard, the cereal and marshmallow mixture into my baking dish. This gives the perfect rice krispie treats with out them being hard.
Most of the time when I make rice krispie treats I melt the butter and the marshmallows on the stove, I wanted these to be super simple and easy to make since I plan on making them as a holiday recipe this year, so I went with a microwave rice krispie treat recipe over a stovetop rice krispie treat recipe. If you want to make them on the stove top you can.
Can I use store-bought candy pecans?
Yes, you definitely can. I just prefer the taste of homemade but store-bought will help cut this recipe’s time in half. You can use homemade candied pecans if you want to as well, I like using Brown Sugar Candied Pecans or Cinnamon Sugar Candied Pecans.
Why do you use chopped and halved pecans?
I like to use both because when you mix them up in the rice crispies, you get little bites with chunks and bites with just the flavor.
Can I make these with just pecan halves?
Yes, that is a personal taste decision. Just make sure you are using 3 cups of pecans total.
Variations of this recipe
Add dried fruit. I love adding dried cranberries to this recipe, just add one cup of dried cranberries while mixing the cereal with the melted marshmallows.
Add chocolate chips. White chocolate chips are a great add-in. We have a white chocolate drizzle on the top already, but there is no such thing as too much chocolate ever.
Change up the chocolate. Not a fan of white chocolate? Use dark chocolate or milk chocolate instead.
How do you store Rice Krispie Treats?
You can store them in an airtight container right out at room temperature for about three days. If you need to extend their life, you can place them in the fridge for up to five days.
Candied Pecan Rice Krispie Treats Ingredients
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons, melted butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups Rice Krispy cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate melts
How to Make Candied Pecan Rice Krispie Treats
Preheat oven to 350°F, line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with a nonstick spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the pecans, sugar, butter, honey, and salt. Pour the pecans on the sheet pan in an even layer.
Bake for 20 minutes, making sure to stir every five minutes.
Allow the pecans to cool completely.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows and butter. Microwave on high on third-second intervals until all the marshmallows are melted, about three minutes.
Stir in the vanilla extract and half the pecans.
Fold the rice krispies into the marshmallow mixtures.
Press the cereal mixture into the baking pan, allow the mixture to cool.
Remove the cereal from the pan if desired, you can also finish them while they are in the pan.
Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave in 30 second intervals or use a double boiler to melt the chocolate. Drizzle the melted whie chocolate over the top of the bars and sprinkle the remaining pecans over the wet chocolate.
Love to bake? Here are some of our favorite tools to make it easier!
Pecan Rice Krispie Treats
- Preheat oven to 350°F, line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with a nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pecans, sugar, butter, honey, and salt. Pour the pecans on the sheet pan in an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, making sure to stir every five minutes.
- Allow the pecans to cool completely.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows and butter. Microwave on high on third-second intervals until all the marshmallows are melted, about three minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and half the pecans.
- Fold the rice krispies into the marshmallow mixtures.
- Press the cereal mixture into the baking pan, allow the mixture to cool.
- Remove the cereal from the pan and cut it into squares.
- Melt the chocolate per the directions on the packaging. Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the bars and sprinkle the remaining pecans over the wet chocolate.