This chicken alfredo bake is so easy to make and has just 4 ingredients, a little prep time, and one of our family’s favorite easy dinner recipes. Serve this Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Bake with fresh bread, veggies, and a salad then dinner is done.
Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Bake
This Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Bake has been on our meal rotation for many years and always makes everyone happy when they hear it is for dinner. I don’t know why I haven’t shared this east chicken alfredo bake recipe with raviolis until now but I am finally sharing it and I am sure you are going to love it.
Layers of Alfredo sauce (homemade or jarred), frozen ravioli, cooked chicken, and mozzarella cheese combine for a cheesy ravioli casserole that is perfect for dinner. I love pasta dishes, I love tasty pasta sauce recipes and so does my whole family. But sometimes I want to change things up and this ravioli casserole is the product of me wanting to change things up.
Easy Alfredo Recipes
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
- Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
- One-pot chicken Alfredo
- Copycat Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
- Chicken Asparagus Alfredo Pasta
What to Serve with Ravioli Casserole
On busy nights I just grab a loaf of Italian bread or french bread at the store and then a bag of frozen veggies and pop them in the microwave, make a salad, and serve them as our sides.
- Homemade white bread
- Caesar Salad
- BLT Salad
- Roasted Asparagus
- Capocollo Wrapped Asparagus
- Parmesan Asparagus
Tips for Cooking Chicken
This recipe calls for 3 cups of cooked chicken. There are a few different ways that you can cook chicken. If you are going to shred the chicken, use the shredding chicken trick that makes it super easy!
You can boil the chicken. Just add raw chicken breasts to a pot and cover with 3 cups of chicken broth or water whichever you prefer. Heat on medium high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling turn heat to low and cover pot with a lid and let simmer for 10 minutes.
You can bake the chicken. Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray place the chicken breast on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Then bake for 35-45 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
You can use a Rotisserie chicken. If you want things easier you can grab a cooked rotisserie chicken at the store or cook one at home.
Variations of this recipe
The great thing about this recipe is that you can make things from scratch or you can make it totally with premade items to have almost no prep time at all. Depending on my mood and how much time I have makes the choice on if I am taking short cuts or not.
Chicken. You can use pre-cooked chicken from the fridge section, rotisserie chicken or home-cooked chicken, or skip the chicken if you are not a fan of chicken. You can shred the chicken or have it in diced pieces, whichever you prefer.
Alfredo Sauce. You can use jarred Alfredo sauce or homemade Alfredo sauce.
Add veggies. If you want to add some veggies cooked spinach, steamed broccoli or cooked artichokes.
Change up the raviolis. Normally I use cheese ravioli however you can also use spinach and cheese ravioli also.
Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Bake Ingredients
- 2 18 ounces bags frozen ravioli
- 1 15 ounce jar alfredo sauce or one batch of homemade alfredo sauce
- 3 cups (1 pound) cooked chicken diced into bite-sized pieces or shredded
- 1 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Bake
If making homemade Alfredo sauce make it while you are cooking the chicken by your preferred method.
Once the chicken is cooked chop the chicken and set aside.
Spray a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Spread a small amount of alfredo sauce on the bottom of the dish.
Place a layer of frozen ravioli on top of the alfredo sauce.
Add a layer of cooked chicken.
Add a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
Add some Alfredo sauce.
Continue making layers until all of the Alfredo sauce, Chicken and ravioli are used up.
Sprinkle the remainder of the mozzarella cheese on top.
Cover the baking dish with foil.
Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
Easy Pasta Recipes
- 24 ounces bags frozen ravioli
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- 3 cups cooked chicken diced into bite-sized pieces or shredded
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- If making homemade Alfredo sauce make it while you are cooking the chicken by your preferred method.
- Once the chicken is cooked chop the chicken and set aside.
- Spray a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread a small amount of alfredo sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Place a layer of frozen ravioli on top of the alfredo sauce.
- Add a layer of cooked chicken.
- Add a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
- Add some alfredo saucce.
- Continue making layers until all of the Alfredo sauce, Chicken and ravioli are used up.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes.