If you are looking for a tasty and easy snack then you are going to love these Greek Marinated Olives and Feta Cheese.
A delicious mediterranean diet inspired appetizer or snack, that is also low carb, these marinated olives and feta cheese are perfect for anyone who is looking for a tasty easy recipe.
Greek Marinated Olives and Feta Cheese
I see marinated olives in the grocery store often, however they are just about as easy to make at home as it is to pick up a jar at the store. I personally like to make things at home, because they always taste so much better. You can easily make a few batches of these marinated olives and store them in the fridge and enjoy them as you want to.
I should also mention, that after you have enjoyed the olives and feta cheese, that the left over juices in the jar also make an amazing salad dressing.
Are Olives Healthy?
The great thing about olives, aside from being tasty is they are packed full of nutrients. The carb count in olives vary depending on their size. However half of the carb count of olives is fiber, so that makes the digestible carb count low, making marinated olives a great choice for those on a low carb or keto diet. These are the perfect addition to your keto snacks or keto lunch ideas lists.
How Long do Marinated Olives Last?
Marinated Olives with Feta will last about 3-4 weeks in the fridge. However the chances of them actually lasting that long in your house with everyone wanting to eat them is probably going to cut that time in half if not shorter. In my house, they never last long! I am totally guilty of having them as my lunch!
How to make Greek Marinated Olives And Feta Cheese
Greek Marinated Olives with Feta Cheese Ingredients
- Olive oil
- Dried rosemary
- Kalamata olives
- Green olives
- Feta Cheese
Greek Marinated Feta And Olives
- In a small saucepan heat the oil, oregano, thyme, rosemary together over medium heat for 5 minutes to infuse the oil with the herbs.
- Set the oil to the side and allow it to cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut the feta into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a medium mixing bowl gently stir together the oil, olives, and feta.
- Transfer into an airtight container, and store in the fridge. You want the olives to marinate for at least 20 minutes before you eat them.
- Serve the olives at room temperature. You will need to take the olives out a little bit before serving them so the olive oils warms up.
Looking for More Keto Recipes? Check these out!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here