This Ranch Chicken Strips recipe is always a big hit with the kids and adults when I make them. When I ask the kids for a dinner idea that is quick and easy when they are helping me meal plan just about every time they ask me to put Ranch Chicken Fingers on the list.
The kids call them Ranch Chicken Fingers, I call them Ranch Chicken strips, but they are really just the same thing and a preference of what someone calls them. Personally I think my kids just like to have fun saying they are eating a chickens fingers. LOL!
When making this ranch chicken recipe I use my dad’s secret recipe. My father always made the best chicken strips when I was growing up. He didn’t have a fancy fryer or a three step dipping method. All he had was a normal cast iron pan and his secret ingredient! Ranch salad dressing!
Because the ranch dressing is so thick it helps all the bread crumbs stick to create an amazing crunch with these amazing fried chicken strips. When making this homemade chicken strip recipe I use our favorite, Hidden Valley Ranch dressing.
When you are breading your chicken to make this fried chicken strips recipe you want to use one hand for the dipping the chicken in ranch dressing and the other hand for the breading. If you try to use both hands at the same time when making this chicken strip recipe you are going to end up with messy fingers.
This is also one of the recipes that I like to have the kids get involved helping me with. I can assign one kiddo to do the dressing dip and another to do the breading dip. My kids love getting in the kitchen with me to help cook. I love when I can make a recipe like these ranch fried chicken strips and spend time with them while cooking.
These Chicken Strips have so much flavor you will not even need to have a dipping sauce! Which if you have a toddler then you know what mess can come from having them dip their chicken. Not a fun one to clean up, but with these ranch chicken strips we never need any dipping sauce! It is wonderful!
Ranch Chicken Strips
How to Make Ranch Chicken Strips
Ranch Chicken Strips
Ranch Chicken Strips Directions
- Slice your chicken breasts in half so you have six thin chicken breast. Slice those breast into one inch thick strips.
- Place your ranch in a pie plate.
- Combine both the bread crumbs in a pie plate.
- Heat your oil over medium heat in a large cast iron saute pan.
- One at a time dip a chicken strip into the ranch making sure you do not have to much ranch on the chicken. Than place that strip into the bread crumb mixture and coat the strip. Repeat this with all of your chicken.
- Place the chicken in batches into the hot oil making sure you do not crowd the pan. Cook each side until golden brown than place them onto a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
If you are looking for an amazing side dish recipe to go with these Ranch Chicken Strips, you have to check out this microwave sweet potato.
More Chicken Recipes to try:
Looking for side dish recipes? Check these out!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here