Leprechaun Toast. An easy St. Patrick’s Day breakfast that the kids will love. This fancy toast recipe takes boring toast and makes it totally fun and St. Patrick’s Day Themed.
Having fun for the holidays no matter how big or small is something I have always done. Leprechaun Toast was something that I thought might have made the kids roll their eyes at me for but they loved it. It is super easy to make and you probably have most of the items in the pantry already.
When I saw the unicorn toast floating around I knew that it would be the perfect way to have some fun. Unicorn toast is going crazy on Tik Tok and I keep seeing it but I wanted to change things up and make it holiday specific and thought that a fun breakfast for St. Patrick’s Day was perfect. It for sure was!
I tested the recipe out with the kids and they loved it, so I knew it was perfect to share with all of you who might be looking for a fun St. Patrick’s Day breakfast to make for the kids this year.
If you are looking for more holiday ideas for kids we have lots of them. I get a little excited about holidays and like to make them fun.
St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- St. Patrick’s Day Marshmallow Pops
- St.Patrick’s Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Lucky Charms Cupcakes
- Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats
- Andes Mint Cookies
- Shamrock Shake
- Andes Mint Cupcakes
- Mint Oreo Cupcakes
- Leprechaun Peppermint Patties
What to Serve for St. Patrick’s Day breakfast
For me any holiday I like to make fun,and that means making a fun St. Patrick’s Day breakfast. St Patrick’s Day is one that is easy to come up with a fun breakfast because if you dye it green then it counts as being in the St. Patrick’s Day theme.
I know this is not a totally healthy breakfast, but it is a totally fun one that the kids will love. Toast with colored cream cheese can be healthy depending on the bread you use, the sprinkles not so much on the healthy side, but hey it is a holiday so we can bend the rules. If you are looking for more St. Patrick’s Day breakfast Ideas be sure to check out some of these other breakfast ideas.
- green deviled eggs
- Homemade pancakes dyed green
- Fruit Salad
- Homemade waffles – dyed green or rainbow
- Frozen yogurt banana pops
Variations of this Recipe
If you want to make it sweeter for the kids you can use some homemade marshmallow fluff instead of cream cheese.
Use the new Limited Edition St. Patrick’s Day lucky charms cereal that has green lucky charms!
You can also use the Chocolate lucky charms cereal.
Leprechaun Toast Ingredients
- Cream cheese. You want the cream cheese to be room temperature so it fluffs when you put it in the mixer. If you didn’t have time to bring it to room temperature then you can place it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Green food coloring. Gel or liquid food coloring will work.
- Bread. You can use your preferred choice of bread, white or wheat are our top choices.
- Lucky charms cereal. If you want to have just the marshmallows on top grab some dehydrated marshmallows instead of using the cereal and marshmallows.
- St. Patrick’s Day Sprinkles. I found four leaf clover sprinkles and gold coin sprinkles that I loved and found at Michael’s but you can use any St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles.
How To Make Leprechaun Toast
Place your softened cream cheese into the bowl of your mixer and cream the cream cheese until it has gotten slightly fluffy about five minutes.
Remove half of the cream cheese to another bowl and add your food coloring to that cream cheese.
Place your toast in your toaster and cook until they are golden brown.
Add the green and white cream cheese to the toast and swirl them around to create a marbled look.
Sprinkle on the cereal and sprinkles to the top of each toast and enjoy.
Looking for St. Patrick’s Day dinner ideas? Check these out!
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring
- 5 slices bread
- 1/4 cup Lucky charms cereal
- 1 teaspoon four leaf clover sprinkles
- 1 teaspoon gold coin sprinkles
- Place your softened cream cheese into the bowl of your mixer and cream the cream cheese until it has gotten slightly fluffy about five minutes.
- Remove half of the cream cheese to another bowl and add your food coloring to that cream cheese.
- Place your toast in your toaster and cook until they are golden brown.
- Add the green and white cream cheese frosting to the toast and swirl them around to create a marbled look.
- Sprinkle on the cereal and sprinkles to the top of each toast and enjoy.
Viral Tik Tok Recipes you will love
Lots of hot recipes are popping up on Tik Tok that are so much fun and super tasty to make. We have lots of them, that if you love watching all the viral tik tik recipe videos that you are going to love making at home!
Olive Garden Chicken. Dump it all in the crockpot and let it cook, then mix with pasta for a chicken crockpot recipe the whole family will love.
Chocolate Bombs. So much fun to make and even more fun to drink! Weather you want to have fun with the kids and make unicorn hot chocolate bombs or Santa hot chocolate bombs, or keep things simple with peppermint hot chocolate bombs they are perfect for everyone!
Dalgona Coffee. Coffee is life for me and it is even more fun when it is whipped coffee, hot or cold!
Keto Dalgona Coffee. The keto version of the hot trending viral coffee that is perfect for anyone on a low carb or keto diet.
Mocha Dalgona Coffee. Making whipped coffee even better, with coffee, hot chocolate and heavy cream being the only ingredients you need!
Whipped Strawberry milk. Strawberry milk taken up a notch, whipped and beautiful while having the most amazing strawberry milk flavor.
Smoked Queso. Easy to make queso that is cheesy and delicious and made on the grill!
Whipped Matcha. Easy to make matcha latte that is not only beautiful but tasty to drink!
Whipped Hot Chocolate. Hot chocolate gets even better when it is whipped into a beautiful drink!