If you are looking for an easy apple dessert recipe then this Apple Crisp dessert recipe is the perfect one to try. I am a big fan of apple desserts like apple betty, and this apple crisp is another one of my favorites.
I love making an apple crisp because it has all the flavors of apple pie without all the work of making a pie crust. The oats give this great crunchy texture that works perfectly with the soft apple filling. I personally love this with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. While my husband rather just have the whole pie plate and a big spoon.
If you are wondering what kind of apples for apple crisp are the best you are in luck, because I am going to share my secrets with you!
When you are making this dessert it is important that you have good apples for apple crisp. I find the best apples to use for apple crisp are granny smith apples.
You are going to be making this apple crisp with apple pie filling that is all homemade and
The crust is soo simple to make because it is an apple crisp with old fashioned oats, that is just put on the top of your apple crisp mixture.
Apple Filling for Apple Crisp Dessert
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and thinly slice your apples place them in a large bowl with the lemon juice. In a small mixing bowl combine the melted butter, flour, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour the butter mixture over the apples and gently stir it in. Place the apples into a 9-inch pie pan. Set this aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the crumb toppings in a medium mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter or your hand cut the butter into the flour mixture until you have pea size pieces of butter.
- Pour the crumb topping over the top of the apples making sure to evenly coat the whole top in an even layer.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Let the crisp cool for at least 10 minutes, enjoy.
Looking for more recipes to use apples? Check these out!
- Puff Pastry Mini Apple Pies
- Apple Pie Rolls
- Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Lattices Crust Apple Pie
- Apple Pie Granola
- Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.