Looking for Elf on the Shelf Good Bye Ideas and Elf on the Shelf goodbye letter printables? You are in luck! We have you covered with ways to have the Elf say goodbye and FREE Elf on the shelf good-bye letter printables!
Elf Goodbye Letter Printables
If you have used our Goodbye Elf letters in the past, this year for 2023 we have added 25 new ones! There are now a total of 31 Elf on the shelf goodbye letter printables to pick from! I may have gotten a bit excited while making new ones and gone a little overboard, but hey it means you won’t have to look anywhere else for your elf on the shelf departure letters.
Elf on the Shelf Good Bye Letter Printable
This Elf goodbye letter will make prepping for your elf’s departure easier to set up. We originally made 7 different designs for the Elf on the Shelf Goodbye letter and this year we have added to the collection!
There are the original 7 that I created a few years ago and 25 new elf on the shelf goodbye letters that I made this year. That makes for a total of 31 elf on the shelf goodbye letters for you to pick from! They are all included in the download, so if you have used our free printable Elf on the Shelf departure letter before, this year there are more to pick from!
In this elf on the Shelf good bye letters printable set there are many different varieties. I have Goodbye Elf on the Shelf letters for family’s with one child. There are ones elf on the shelf goodbye letters for families with multiple kids.
How to Have The Kids Say Good Bye to the Elf
There are a few things that can go into the elf’s departure on their last day hanging out with you and your family. The first part is having the kids do something for the elf so can say goodbye to their favorite Elf until the next Christmas season.
- Have kids write a letter to the Elf. You can also have them write a letter to Santa, and use the free Santa letter printables.
- Throw a little party for the Elf. We like to make Christmas-themed treats and do a breakfast or lunch party since we have Christmas Eve dinner.
- Give the Elf a Hug. While normally this is not okay and the elf will lose his magic, Santa gives special permission on Christmas Eve for the kids to hug their elves goodbye.
- Make an Elf Memory Scrapbook. If you have been taking pictures of the Elf all month then you can print them out. Then have the kids make a scrapbook to send home to the North Pole with the elf.
- Help the Elf Pack. You can grab a small doll suitcase (I love these on Amazon) and pack it up with things the elf might need. You can also include pictures of the kids to bring back to the North Pole with them.
How We Say Goodbye to Our Elf on the Shelf
It is a sad but happy time each year in our house when December 24th rolls around. We all know that Santa is coming the next day. We all also know that our Elf friends will be heading back to the North Pole with Santa and we won’t see them again until next year.
Our Christmas Eve nightly traditions are the same each year. We all put on our matching Christmas pajamas. Then we make our phone call to Santa.
We then set out cookies and milk for Santa when he comes to visit from the North Pole.
The kids all take a photo with our Elf friends and then everyone heads to bed. Depending on the year our elf friends sit out and the kids stand near them for their photo. Sometimes our elves put themselves in a jar so the kids can hold them. Then the kids can give them a hug without ruining their magic.
Each year I try to change things up a bit for how the elf says goodbye. Our elf always leaves a note for the kids and then sometimes a gift. I like to make everything involving our elves fun, and that includes when our elves have to leave.
Elf on the Shelf Says Goodbye Christmas Eve Ideas
Knowing that Christmas Eve morning will be the last time the elf visits for the holiday season it can make kids upset. Having a special goodbye from the Elf is a great way to keep Christmas magical without adding sadness. On Christmas morning the kids will head to the Christmas tree in the morning to see what Santa left for them. Have fun and be creative with the ways to have the Elf say goodbye each year to keep the kids excited.
Of course, the free printable letter saying Goodbye from the Elf is a must but if you want to make it extra special you can. Here are a few ideas of things to do as an elf departure.
- Leave a special Gift. Have your Elf leave a special present, just from him, for the kiddos to unwrap on Christmas Day.
- Leave a special treat. The elf can leave a special sweet treat as a good bye gift for the kids, Things Like Elf on the Shelf Cereal, Elf on the Shelf Fruit Snacks, Elf on the Shelf Cakes and little Debbie’s Christmas Trees are great options. You can even make special Elf on the Shelf Cookies.
- Book of memories. Print out photos of the fun things the Elf did and put them in a photo album for the kids to remember the fun they had.
- Elf Christmas Tree Decoration. Have the Elf leave a small ornament for the Christmas tree with a note attached, explaining that it’s a special gift to remember them by.
- Elf Storybook. Write a short storybook about the Elf’s adventures during the holiday season and how they have to return to help Santa prepare for next year.
How to get the Elf on the Shelf Good Bye letter Printables
To get the Goodbye from the Elf free printable letters just fill out the form and the pdf with the free printables will arrive in your e-mail inbox. You can then pick which letter you want to use and print it. You can then save the rest of the Goodbye Elf on the Shelf letters in later years when you need them.
What Is Elf on the Shelf?
Elf on the Shelf is a fun holiday tradition in which scout elves are sent from the North Pole by Santa to add magic to the holiday season.
Each night the elf goes back to the North Pole, some parents say to report back to Santa the children’s behavior and others say it is so the scout elves can meet up and come up with ideas to share with the children.
The elf magically moves to a new spot every night, and children find their elf friends when they wake up each morning. The fun part for the kids is seeing what the elf (or elves if they have multiple) have done for the day. Sometimes the elf brings a gift, other times the elf does something silly, and sometimes something mischievous.
In our house, our Elf adds to the magic of the Christmas Season and is used to have extra fun and enjoyment. You can choose to have the elf be a watcher of good behavior if you want to, that is a personal parenting choice.
If you are new to Elf on the Shelf be sure to check out our Ultimate Guide of Everything you need to know about Elf on the Shelf.
Where do you get an Elf on the Shelf?
You can find the Elf on the Shelf kit in various options at retail stores, especially during the holiday season. Major retailers often have the Elf on the Shelf book kit and accessories for the Elf on the Shelf.
If you want to purchase an Elf on the Shelf Book set there are many online retailers that have them.
What options are there for Elf on the Shelf Elves?
When selecting your Elf, you have the choice between a light or dark skin tone. Additionally, you can choose between a boy elf or girl Elf. The accompanying book is available in both English and Spanish versions as well.
How does the Elf on the Shelf tradition work?
The Elf on the Shelf tradition is a popular holiday activity that typically begins in early December and continues until Christmas Eve. The main idea is that the elf is a scout for Santa Claus.
Elf On The Shelf Arrives
The first year the elf arrives, the elf is introduced to the household, often accompanied by a storybook that explains the tradition and the role of the elf. You can add to the fun by getting an elf adoption certificate for the elf. You may also want to have the elf bring a letter to the kids that explains the new family Christmas tradition you are starting.
We have a few different FREE Elf Arrival letter printables that you can use. It is also helpful for kids to know the Rules of Elf on the Shelf. We also have a great list of Elf on the Shelf arrival Ideas.
Every year after the Elf makes their arrival between the day after and Christmas Eve, with many family’s having the elf arrive on December 1st (We start on December 1st each year). When the elf returns they normally bring a letter letting the kids know they are back for another year of fun. We have Elf on the Shelf Arrival letters to help with that as well. We have 2 different sets of I’m Back elf on the Shelf letters, our original elf on the shelf arrival letter and our newest set of Elf on the Shelf arrival letters that has 7 different ones you can pick from. If you have more than one elf that comes to your house (yes it happens!) We also have Elf on the shelf arrival letters for multiple elves.
Elf on the Shelf Antics and Fun
Each night, the parents move the elf to a new location in the house, creating the illusion that the elf is actively watching over the children. Children wake up each morning to find the elf in a new, often mischievous, position, leading to excitement and anticipation as they search for the elf’s latest hiding spot.
During this time you are going to want to find some Elf on the Shelf Ideas I am sure, and we have made that super easy and have hundreds of Elf on the Shelf Ideas that kids love. You can use the Elf on the Shelf Planner printable I have created to get organized and make your Elf on the Shelf plan for the holiday season.
Elf on the Shelf Heads back to the North Pole
On Christmas Eve Elf on the Shelf catches a ride home with Santa until the next year when they return again. There are lots of ways to Say Goodbye to Elf on the Shelf and we have Elf on the Shelf Goodbye letters to help you with that too. There are many ways to have the elf on the shelf say goodbye, get creative, and make the last night special.
Elf on the Shelf Printables
- Elf SIzed BINGO
- Elf on the Shop Kissing Booth Printable
- Elf on the Shelf Health Certificate
- Elf Donut Shop printable
- Elf Cookie Shop Printable
- Elf Adoption Certificate Printable
- Tic Tac Toe Elf Sized printable Elf Game
- Elf on the Shelf Ideas Calendar
- 16 page Elf on the Shelf Printable Pack
Elf on the Shelf Movies
If you have kids who love reading the Elf on the Shelf book then they will love the Elf on the Shelf Movies too! There are 4 different Elf on the Shelf movies that all are under 30 minutes in length that are great for a quick movie night with the kids.
- An Elf Story. This Elf on the Shelf movie tells the story of the Elf on the Shelf.
- Elf Pet’s: Santa’s Reindeer Rescue. The movie follows the adventures of the Scout Elves as they embark on a mission to help Santa Claus rescue his reindeer, who have encountered difficulties during test flights leading up to Christmas. With the help of a crew of adorable reindeer and Santa’s trusted friends, the Scout Elves work to ensure that Santa’s sleigh can fly smoothly on Christmas Eve.
- Elf Pet’s: A Fox Cubs Christmas Tale. In this movie, a curious Scout Elf named Newsey, along with a young boy named Michael, other Scout Elves, and a group of charming Arctic fox Elf Pets, set out to uncover the truth. Together, they discover that even Santa’s magic is surpassed by the extraordinary power of hope!
- Elf Pet’s: Santa’s St. Bernard Saves Christmas. In this movie, Santa realizes there’s a shortage of Christmas spirit to make the holiday truly magical. The Scout Elves of The Elf on the Shelf®, a pack of Saint Bernard puppies, and a compassionate family to bring back the magic of Christmas in their community.
Elf on the Shelf Ideas
We have lots of Elf on the Shelf Ideas, you will never have to worry about getting stuck on what to do!
- Cute Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- 135 Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- 25 Simple Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- Kitchen Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- Dollar Store Elf on the Shelf ideas
- Quick Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- Naughty Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- Elf on the Shelf Donut Ideas
- Elf on the Shelf Ideas for Toddlers
- Last minute Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- 5 Minutes or less elf on the shelf ideas
- Elf on the shelf ideas for when you have forgotten