Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Muffins and breads are my go to items for breakfast and lunch snacks. They are super easy to make and I can make them in advanced and have tasty grab and go items that the whole house loves.
There are so many awesome bread and muffin recipes, that I can change things up all the time and no one gets bored of muffins! If you are looking for more muffin recipes be sure to check these out!
- Banana Chocolate chip muffins
- Banana Coconut muffins
- Chocolate Banana Chocolate chip muffin
- Apple muffins
- Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffins
- Blueberry Streusel Muffins
Pumpkin Bread or Banana Bread?
The great fall debate of “Is pumpkin bread or Banana bread better”? is one that we have in our house because while we all love them both, we have differing thoughts on which one is better. I am not sure why we all can’t just get along and enjoy the fall favorites together, but since it is a struggle I came up with a tasty solution, Pumpkin Banana Bread!
Now that bread is AMAZING so I needed to come up with a tasty muffin recipe too and that is when I came up with these Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins! The combination of pumpkin, banana and chocolate is AMAZING!
If you have a bunch of pumpkin haters in your house but you love pumpkin then these are the perfect fall muffins to make! The combination of banana and chocolate chips help tone down the strong pumpkin flavor that is found in pumpkin muffins and pumpkin bread. This way pumpkin lovers can still enjoy their pumpkin but those silly non-pumpkin lovers do not have such a strong flavor.
How long do muffins keep fresh?
These muffins will keep for 3-5 days in an airtight container if they last that long after your family gets a taste of them!
Can I Freeze Homemade Muffins?
Yes! These homemade Muffins are perfect for freezing. Allow them to cool completely, then place in a freezer ziploc bag in a single layer. Lay flat in the freezer. They’ll last for up to 6 months frozen – though if your house is anything like mine, they’ll disappear way before that.
To enjoy later, just pop your frozen muffin in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and you’re good to go!
Tips for Making the best homemade Muffins
Best Muffin tin liners. When making muffins I love using silicone muffin cups because they bake nicely and then we can reuse them. I never have to worry about not having muffin cups when baking. You can also get the mini muffin silicone cups to use in the mini muffin pans, that are great for the younger kiddos or if you don’t want to have regular muffins.
Easy Muffin tin filling. If you are looking for a less messy way to fill your muffin cups this Batter Dispenser with Measurement for Muffins is perfect!
Gently stir the batter. When you are mixing the batter you don’t want to over stir. You also want to make sure you don’t mash the banana chunks when you add them in to the mix.
Room temperature ingredients. Having room temperature milk, butter and eggs when making muffins is going to give you perfectly fluffy muffins every time. When you use room temperature ingredients you get a smooth mixture that traps the air when mixing and then gives you fluffy muffins as they bake in the oven.
Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Ingredients
- brown bananas.
- White sugar.
- pureed pumpkin. You can use either canned pumpkin puree or homemade pumpkin puree.
- vanilla extract. I personally prefer to use homemade vanilla extract.
- all-purpose flour.
- baking soda.
- pumpkin spice. I like using homemade pumpkin spice.
- kosher salt.
- chocolate chips.
How to make Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners, set aside.
In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas and sugar together with a fork until smooth. Stir in the butter, pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until well combined, set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie extract, cinnamon and salt.
Stir your flour mixture into the banana mixture just until combined, do not overmix.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into your prepared muffin pan.
Place the pan into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the center and comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack.
Love Pumpkin? Check out these amazing Pumpkin Recipes!
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Pumpkin Gingersnap
- Pecan Maple Streusel Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Pumpkin Pie French Toast
- Pumpkin Cake Recipe
Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas and sugar together with a fork until smooth. Stir in the butter, pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until well combined, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie extract, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir your flour mixture into the banana mixture just until combined, do not overmix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared muffin pan.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the center and comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack.
10 Weight Watchers Smart Points