Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Casserole Recipe. If you love spinach stuffed chicken with artichokes or you love spinach artichoke dip then you are going to LOVE this spinach artichoke chicken casserole! Chicken, artichokes, and spinach are all mixed together with garlic and 3 different kinds of cheese and baked in the oven to make a creamy delicious chicken casserole.
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
This spinach artichoke chicken casserole is quick and easy to put together, then just toss it in the oven! This is an easy and tasty low carb chicken breast casserole that everyone will love, even if they are not eating low carb! Tender chicken, spinach, artichokes and melted cheese oh yum!!
This spinach artichoke chicken casserole is totally lick your plate clean good! In fact my 2 year old licked her plate clean after taste testing it and told me “sooo good I have to lick it all”. Don’t worry, there will be no judgment from here if you were to lick your plate too after enjoying this spinach artichoke chicken casserole!
If you love spinach artichoke dip, then you are going to love this creamy spinach artichoke chicken casserole! It is the dinner version of that amazing dip! Trust me no one that you serve this to is going to even realize that it is a low carb chicken casserole, my husband cleared his plate and asked for seconds, and he is the biggest carb lover I know!
Personally, I love stuffed chicken breasts, however, they take longer to cook than I have time for some nights so I prefer to make chicken casseroles because I can dump everything into the baking dish and let it cook.
If you are looking for an amazing chicken breast casserole, this spinach artichoke chicken casserole is going to be perfect.
Easy Casserole Recipes
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Casserole
- Doritos Taco Casserole
- Loaded Chicken Casserole
- Turkey Dinner Casserole
- Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
Can I use Chicken Thighs?
An important step in this chicken casserole recipe is to cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Cooking the chicken breasts whole we found gave us a dry chicken, no one wants dry chicken.
You can also use chicken thighs in this easy chicken casserole recipe. I prefer it with chicken breasts but I have switched out the chicken breasts for chicken thighs when that is what I had on hand.
Fresh or Frozen Spinach?
For ease of what I had on hand, I used frozen spinach (still frozen) in this spinach chicken recipe, however, you can use fresh spinach instead if that is what you have on hand. Don’t cook it or anything, just toss it in like you would the frozen spinach, it will cook just fine in the oven. If you have full leaves, then I would suggest cutting them up before tossing them in the casserole.
What to Serve with this Chicken Casserole Recipe
One thing I like about this recipe is that there is meat and veggies already together. I like to serve it with a salad and then fresh bread. They love dipping the bread into the sauce that is leftover on their plates after eating.
If you are looking for more side dish recipes check these out.
- Green beans with bacon
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Garlic Butter Rice
- Parmesan Rice
- Oven Baked Rice
- Cauliflower Risotto
- Parmesan Asparagus
- Lemon Roasted Asparagus
How to Store Leftovers
Any leftovers need to be stored in the fridge, allow the chicken casserole to cool completely, and store it in a plastic container or cover with plastic wrap and then store it in the fridge.
Can you Freeze this Chicken Casserole?
Yes! You can freeze this casserole baked or unbaked, the choice is up to you. You can freeze it as a full casserole or in individual servings.
- Unbaked casserole. If you are freezing this casserole unbaked, mix all of the ingredients together and pour into a baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Wrap with plastic wrap and tinfoil and then store in the freezer. It will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer. When it is time to make it, remove the casserole from the freezer and thaw in the fridge then bake in the oven.
- Baked Full Casserole. If you are freezing this casserole after it is cooked, allow it to cool completely and then wrap the pan with plastic wrap and tinfoil. To reheat you will want to remove the casserole from the freezer and thaw in the fridge then bake in the oven at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
- Baked Proportioned Casserole. You can put this casserole into individual storage container and then store it in the freezer. It will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer. To reheat, heat in the microwave.
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole Ingredients
- sour cream
- minced garlic
- parmesan cheese
- artichoke hearts
- Mozarella cheese
- cream cheese
How to make Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Get all of your ingredients out and let the cream cheese soften. While cream cheese is softening on the counter cut your chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and set aside.
Get a large bowl and then drain the artichoke from their juice and dice artichokes into small pieces.
In a large bowl mix cream cheese, sour cream, spinach, parmesan cheese, garlic, mayo, and artichokes.
Add cut up chicken breast to the mixture and mix well. Make sure you coat all of your chicken with the mixture.
Spray your casserole dish with non stick spray and pour mixture into pan. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees.
Tasty Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Zucchini Boats
- Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Chicken Thighs
- Green Chili Chicken
- Cheddar Ranch Chicken
- Parmesan Chicken
- feta and pesto stuffed chicken
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Get all of your ingredients out and let the cream cheese soften. While cream cheese is softening on the counter cut your chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Get a large bowl and then drain the artichoke from their juice and dice artichokes into small pieces.
- In a large bow mix cream cheese, sour cream, spinach, parmesan cheese, garlic, mayo, and artichokes.
- Add cut up chicken breast to the mixture and mix well. Make sure you coat all of your chicken with the mixture.
- Spray your casserole dish with non stick spray and pour mixture into pan. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees.
This recipe is 21 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on the Freestyle program.