Fudge is like the MUST HAVE treat during the holidays. I can not go a holiday season with out making homemade fudge! One of our favorites to make is Peppermint Fudge. This peppermint fudge is such an easy recipe, that if you have never made fudge before you will still make amazing peppermint fudge!
This peppermint fudge is the perfect Christmas fudge! I hint of peppermint that gives this white chocolate peppermint fudge just the perfect amount of festive flavors that you would expect in a peppermint fudge during the holidays!
Making Fudge with White Chocolate
Making this peppermint fudge you are going to use white chocolate melting chocolate. There are some peppermint fudges recipes with milk chocolate however I like the white chocolate as it gives the perfect peppermint flavor. I find that when I make peppermint fudge with milk chocolate the chocolate over takes the peppermint flavor.
I also use peppermint extract with in my white chocolate, and then you will add crunched up candy cane pieces on top! If the kids are wanting to help in the kitchen, smashing the candy canes is the perfect job for them.
It is easy to make your own smashed candy canes, you can buy peppermint pieces, but those are no fun! We like to smash our candy canes! 🙂 Just take a ziplock bag, add the candy canes in and beat with a rolling pin. It only takes a few hits for the candy canes to smash into little pieces.
Giving Fudge as a Gift
Nothing beats a homemade gift and one of my favorite homemade gifts to make is fudge, its not only a delicious treat but it is also super easy to make and there are many different variations that you can make! One of my favorites for the holidays is White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge , it is so festive and tastes amazing!!
How to Make Peppermint Fudge
- Spray an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the white chocolate candy melts and the sweetened condensed milk into a large microwave safe dish. Add in the 1 tsp. of peppermint extract.
- Heat in the microwave for 1 minute and stir. Heat for another minute and stir again, heat again in 20 second increments stirring if not completely melted.
- Immediately pour the melted mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle with the crushed candy canes
- Allow the chocolate to cool at room temperature. Once it is cool, place the baking dish in the fridge (covered) to allow the fudge to completely set.
- Cut into 12 large squares or 24 mini squares.
Looking for more tasty fudge recipes? Check these out!
- White Chocolate Peppermint fudge
- 3 Ingredient White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Strawberry Fudge
- Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
Love Peppermint? Check out these other great Christmas Peppermint Recipes!
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Peppermint Oreo Pops
- Peppermint Bark
- Peppermint Patties
- Peppermint Meringues
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here