Peppermint Bark Brownies combine the amazing flavor of peppermint with chocolate for one delicious homemade chocolate peppermint brownie! I love the combination of the peppermint bark with the rich fudge brownies.
Peppermint Bark Brownies
Homemade brownies are one of my favorite chocolate treats any time of the year. When the chill starts coming and the Christmas decorations start showing up I start enjoying peppermint bark as well. There is just something about peppermint that starts the winter holiday cheer and I am totally ok starting it well before the snow hits the ground!
Love Brownies? Be sure to check out these tasty brownie recipes!
For these homemade peppermint brownies I combined my love of peppermint bark which I love turning into snowman shaped peppermint bark with my love of homemade brownies and can up with this amazing peppermint bark brownie that has the perfect rich fudgey brownie and the perfect peppermint flavor combo.
Love Peppermint be sure to check out these great recipes!
- Peppermint Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Chocolate Peppermint cookies
- Peppermint Meringue cookies
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
Tips for Making Peppermint Bark Brownies
Lining the pan with parchment paper. This will help you be able to get the brownies out easily.
Dip the knife in water for easy cutting. When it comes time to cut the brownies I dip my knife into some hot water than dry it off and slowly make my cuts, repeating as needed.
Cool Brownies completely. As tempting as it may be to dive right in once they are done, letting them cool completely will make it much easier to cut and the brownies will not fall apart.
Melt Chocolate with a double boiler. If you have never melted chocolate with a double boiler, read how to melt chocolate with a double boiler. You might be tempted to melt the chocolate in the microwave but that can burn the chocolate and harden it so the best way to melt the chocolate is with a double boiler.
Ingredients for Peppermint Bark Brownies
- semi-sweet chocolate squares
- granulated white sugar
- vanilla extract. You can use homemade Vanilla extract or store bought.
- all-purpose flour
- white chocolate morsels. You can also use white chocolate candy melts instead.
- crushed peppermint candies. You can also use crushed candy canes instead.
Directions for Peppermint Bark Brownies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Melt butter and chocolate using a double boiler.
Stir in sugar, then vanilla extract and eggs.
Gradually stir in flour and salt until combined.
Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until tooth pick inserted in the center of brownies come out clean.
Melt chocolate in the double boiler, mix in the crushed candies.
Spread evenly on top of brownies.
Place in refrigerator until top hardens.
Looking for more chocolate recipes? Check these out!
Peppermint Bark brownies
Peppermint Bark Topping
- 10 ounce white chocolate morsels or candy melts
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate using a double boiler.
- Stir in sugar, then vanilla extract and eggs.
- Gradually stir in flour and salt until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until tooth pick inserted in the center of brownies come out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate in the double boiler, mix in the crushed candies.
- Spread evenly on top of brownies.
- Place in refrigerator until top hardens.
13 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving
More Recipes You will Love!
More Holiday fun to check out!
If you are looking for more Christmas fun for kids make sure you check out 16 Kids Christmas Crafts and this HUGE list of Tasty Christmas Treats for kids, they are all things that the Elf can make the kids or bring the kids as activities if you wanted him too!
You should also check out these 135 elf on the shelf ideas! There are over 135 Elf on the shelf Ideas that kids will love! If you are running short on time, then make sure you check out this list of Quick Elf on the Shelf ideas!
When does Elf on the Shelf come? And everything else you need to know about the Elf on the Shelf!
Elf on the Shelf Letter – Perfect Elf on the shelf printable letter that you can print out and have your elf on the shelf bring with him or her when he comes to visit! Plus this Elf on the Shelf Rules printable is awesome to print out and hang on the wall for the kids!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here