Ho Ho Ho, ’tis the season to get fat and jolly. What better way to do then with these Santa belly cookies pops, they just might make your belly jiggle like a bowl full of jelly. All joking aside these Santa belly Oreo pops are a great way to bring in some holiday cheer. Cookies pops are a simple version of a cake pop without having to worry about making an actual cake for it. All you need is some color chocolates, Oreos, lollipop sticks and parchment paper. Now you can get the colored dipping chocolate and lollipop sticks at your local craft store or here on Amazon .
The Oreos and parchment paper can all be found right at your local grocery store. I’d like to use parchment paper bags for when I’m dealing with chocolate because I’m able to get a fingertip then if I’m using just a plastic pastry bag and piping tip. If you do not know how to make a piping bag out of parchment paper all you need to do is go onto YouTube and search parchment paper piping bag. If you guys request it I can always make a video on how I make my parchment paper bags. Check out these great tips on how to melt your chocolate .
Make sure you also check out these super cute Christmas Tree cupcakes, Santa Belly Oreos, Christmas Tree oreos, and Christmas Tree brownies that are all perfect for any Christmas Parties you are needing tasty treats for ?
Santa Belly Oreo Pops
Santa Belly Oreo Pops Ingredients
- 1 package double-stuffed Oreos or mint Oreos
- 1 bag red candy melts
- 1 bag milk chocolate candy melts
- 1 bag white candy melts
- 2-3 sheet pans
- 2-3 silicon mats or parchment paper
- lollipop sticks
Santa Belly Oreo Pops Directions
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicon mats.
- Very carefully twist the tops off of all the Oreo’s and set them on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Melt your red chocolate over a double boiler.
- Dip the end of a lollipop stick into chocolate so its only 1/2 inch in the chocolate. Gently push the stick into the cream side of the Oreo half way in and all the way down. Top the blank side of the Oreo with a small amount of chocolate and sandwich it with the other side of the cookie.
- Let the chocolate set for 10 minutes.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a glass. Dip the Oreo into the red melted candy, turning to cover them completely. Tap the stick on the edge of the container to get off the extra chocolate.
- Set the dipped Oreo Pop back on one of the prepared cookie sheets, allow the chocolate to set.
- Melt your milk chocolate over a double boiler.
- Pour your melted milk chocolate into your parchment paper bag. Cut a hole at the bottom about 1/8 inch. Make two lines across the cookie and fill it in with the chocolate so you end up with a solid line. Allow the chocolate to set completely.
- Melt your white chocolate over a double boiler.
- Pour your melted white chocolate into your parchment paper bag. Cut a hole at the bottom about the size of a pin tip. Pipe a rectangle in the middle of the Oreo to look like a belt buckle. I found it looks best when you make the rectangle start right at the top edge of the belt. Allow the chocolate to set completely.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here