This Chicken Florentine recipe is perfect for you if you are looking for a delicious chicken dish! This Chicken Florentine features juicy chicken breasts topped with a creamy spinach sauce. Serve it with some steamed veggies or roasted potatoes for a complete meal.
If you are looking for an easy to make chicken dinner recipe that will remind you of dining out then you for sure want to make this Chicken Florentine.
Chicken Florentine is a rich flavored chicken dish that is the perfect main dish. If you are looking for a restaurant-quality meal made at home that is perfect for a week night dinner or a meal to wow your guests this recipe is it. This easy chicken florentine recipe has the perfect tender chicken with a creamy sauce that will sure win the whole family at the first bite. Even better it is easy enough to make for a weeknight dinner when you are having a busy day.
Easy Chicken Recipes
- Parmesan Chicken
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
- Firecracker Chicken
- Chicken and Potato Casserole
- Baked Chicken and Veggies sheet pan
- Avocado Chicken
- Chicken Asparagus Pasta
- Lemon Garlic Chicken
What is Chicken Florentine
Chicken Florentine is a dish made with chicken and a creamy sauce, typically containing spinach. There are lots of dishes that are considered florentine style when they are made with this homemade creamy spinach sauce.
What is Florentine sauce?
Florentino sauce is a creamy white sauce typically made with garlic, onion, and heavy cream. The dish usually contains chicken, fresh spinach, and Parmesan cheese.
What does Florentine style mean?
In the culinary world a Florentine style anything means with spinach.
Why You’ll Love This Chicken
- This tasty chicken dish features a creamy sauce made with rich ingredients that makes it taste absolutely decadent, but it is still a healthy meal.
- This florentine chicken recipe will definitely become your go-to comfort food!
- This dish is perfect for anyone who loves a delicious meal without feeling too full or weighed down. Even if you’re not following a specific diet, this chicken florentine recipe is a great way to add some healthy vegetables and protein to your day.
What to Serve with Your Healthy Chicken Florentine
This chicken florentine recipe is great for anyone who loves a delicious but healthy meal without sacrificing flavor.
Serve this dish with steamed veggies, roasted potatoes or creamy mashed potatoes. More ideas are rice and pasta. Stuffed pasta is a fantastic idea. If you are thinking about low carb ideas, you can use spaghetti squash or zoodles or cauliflower rice.
Side dishes that pair with Chicken Florentine
You can try my favorite Mashed Potatoes,Rice or Spaghetti Squash. You can also add some more veggies to this recipe, either in the dish or on the side. If you are serving vegetables on the side, I like Easy Oven Roasted Carrots, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted cauliflower or Oven Roasted Broccoli.
Desserts that pair well with Chicken Florentine Recipe
Popular Substitutions & Additions
If you’re looking for a substitution or addition to this chicken florentine recipe, here are some of my favorites:
- You can use grilled chicken in place of sautéed chicken.
- Add in some diced tomatoes to the sauce for extra flavor.
- Serve this chicken florentine over pasta.
- Add in a few tablespoons of white wine to the sauce for extra flavor.
- Top your chicken with breadcrumbs and bake in the oven for a crispy topping.
- Garnish the dish with fresh basil for extra flavor.
Can I use Chicken Thighs?
I like using chicken breast when making this recipe but you can use chicken tenderloins or chicken thighs to make this recipe.
How To Reheat & Store Chicken Florentine
Allow the Chicken Florentine to cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
Best Way To Store Creamy Chicken Florentine Leftover
If you have any leftovers, after the chicken has cooled completely, store them in an airtight container in the fridge. As long as the chicken florentine is stored properly it will last for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze Chicken Florentine?
You can freeze the chicken florentine, however, the sauce will break when it thaws. It will have an unpleasant texture.
How To Reheat Leftovers
To reheat your creamy chicken florentine, place it in a microwave-safe dish and heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through
You can also reheat the chicken and creamy sauce in a saucepan or frying pan.
Chicken Florentine FAQs
Can You Make Chicken Florentine Ahead Of Time?
You can make the chicken and sauce ahead of time, however, the spinach should be added fresh.
Can I Use Frozen Spinach
You can use frozen spinach, but it will change the texture of the dish. Make sure it is thawed completely and press it to remove as much water as possible.
Can I Add Other Vegetables?
You can add other vegetables to this dish, but they will change the flavor. The additional vegetables will taste great, but each addition adds its own flavor and makes this less traditional. Some of my favorite additions are:
- bell peppers
Chicken Florentine Ingredients
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- chicken broth or chicken stock
- heavy cream
- Italian seasoning
- baby spinach
- Parmesan cheese
How To Make A Chicken Florentine
Cut your whole chicken breasts in half lengthwise so you even up with 4 chicken breasts. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with garlic, pepper, and salt.
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add in the chicken breast. Cook for 5 minutes then flip the chicken over, add the garlic to the pan. Cook the chicken for an additional 5 minutes until you have golden brown chicken breasts.
Place the chicken breast onto a plate. Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, and Italian seasoning. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the bottom of the pan and ger the browned bits off the bottom of the skillet. Let the sauce simmer for 3-6 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
Add in the spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
Add in the chicken and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the chicken and serve.
Easy Dinner Recipes
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Easy Baked Ziti
- Spinach Strawberry Salad
- Spinach artichoke chicken casserole
- Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Cut your chicken breast in half lengthwise so you even up with 4 chicken breasts. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add in the chicken breast. Cook for 5 minutes then flip the chicken over, add the garlic to the pan. Cook the chicken for an additional 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken breast onto a plate. Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, and Italian seasoning. Let the sauce simmer for 3-6 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add in the spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Add in the chicken and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the chicken and serve.