Honey garlic roasted carrots make for an awesome healthy side dish that works well as a holiday side dish or as a week night meal side dish. With just 5 minutes of prep and then 20 minutes in the oven, this easy oven roasted carrot recipe will quickly become a family favorite.
Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots Recipe
Honey garlic carrots are a simple to make but flavorful side dish. This easy to make honey garlic carrots recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner side dish or a holiday dinner side dish. It is easy to make and you can make them ahead of time if you want to and then reheat them when you want to serve them.
This oven roasted carrots recipe makes the best tender carrots that are loaded with flavor when they are cooked in the sweet honey garlic sauce for the perfect balance of salty and sweet. Since these carrots can be prepped in about 5 minutes and then all you have to do is put them in the oven to cook they couldn’t be easier.
Easy side dish recipes, like this oven roasted carrots recipe are the perfect way to get dinner on the table quickly for a weeknight meal or for feeding a crowd at a holiday dinner. I love easy holiday side dishes recipes and this one is one of my favorites to make. If you love easy side dish recipes then you should totally check out the rest of our holiday side dish recipes.
Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Sausage apple stuffing
- Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Lemon Roasted Asparagus
- Green beans with bacon
- Cheesy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Pearl Onions In Cream Sauce
- Apple Cider Roast Brussel Sprouts
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Oven Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
Tips for Making this Recipe
- If you cannot find medium, full-sized carrots, use baby carrots instead. You can also opt to cut full sized carrots in thirds.
- When arranging the carrots, a single layer is best, but if you’ve cut the carrots in thirds, piling them evenly in the pan is fine. You’ll want to remember to give them a stir while they’re in the oven to maximize surface area cooking.
- When serving, some of the pan sauce will pool in the pan so be sure to spoon some of the sauce over the carrots!
- I like to use a cast Iron skillet because I can cook everything in the same pan. If you are not using a cast iron then you will want to transfer the carrots to a baking dish before putting them in the oven.
What Can I add to these roasted carrots?
If you are wanting to add more flavor to these oven roasted carrots there are a few things you can do, even though I don’t think that anything needs to be added to them. You can add some heat to them if you want to. All you need to do is add a pinch of dried chili flakes for a bit of heat, a teaspoon of orange zest as well as a tablespoon or two of the orange juice, or a pinch of dried thyme or rosemary added to the butter mixture. If you use the other dried herbs, cut back, or omit the dried parsley.
Do Carrots Have to be Peeled before Cooking?
Carrots do not need to be peeled before cooking, you can if you want to. If you do not want to peel them just make sure you scrub them clean before cooking.
Can I use baby carrots for this recipe?
Yes! You can use baby carrots for this recipe instead of long carrots.
Do I need to use a cast Iron Pan?
I prefer to cook the carrots in a cast Iron skillet so I have fewer dirty dishes. However, If you are not using a cast iron then you will want to transfer the carrots to a baking dish before putting them in the oven.
Roasting the carrots in a baking dish instead of cast iron may not give as much ‘caramelization’ as you might like to the carrots. If you want to develop more color on the carrots, near the end of the cook time in the oven, switch to broil for a minute or two. Keep an eye on them as they can get too dark. Do not broil them with the honey garlic sauce on them as the sugar in the honey will burn them very quickly and the garlic will turn bitter.
How Long To Roast Carrots?
Depending on your oven it will take 20-25 minutes to roast carrots in the oven. You can also adjust the temperature and the time of cooking these roasted carrots so you can cook them while you are cooking other things at the same time in the oven. No matter what temperature you are cooking them at, I suggest checking them at the 20 minute mark to see how far done they are, depending on the oven it can be quicker cook time. Use a fork and poke the carrots to check for doneness.
- At 350°F 40 minutes cook time.
- At 375°F minutes cook time.
- At 400°F 30 minutes cook time.
- At 425°F 25 minutes cook time.
What Should I Serve with Roasted Carrots?
This side dish goes well with practically any meal. These roasted carrots are a great side dish for a holiday dinner like Thanksgiving or Christmas along with being a great weeknight dinner side dish just because.
Just about any meat dish will go well with these oven roasted carrots. If you are looking for a main dish idea for a weeknight dinner, check out some of our favorites.
If you are looking for easy main dish recipes for a weeknight dinner, check out some of our favorites.
Can You Cook Carrots Ahead of Time?
Yes! You can totally cook them ahead of time and then reheat them in the microwave when you are ready to serve them.
How to reheat leftover refrigerated honey roasted carrots
After storing the carrots in the fridge in an airtight container, loosen the cover and reheat the carrots in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
How to Store Roasted Carrots
For storage, one thing new cooks might want keep in mind is when the pan juices are cooled in the fridge, the butter may harden and not look very appetizing. No worries, as the carrots are reheated, the buttery sauce will also remelt and become spoonable again!
How long do Roasted carrots last?
Roasted carrots will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days when stored in an airtight container.
Honey Garlic Carrots Ingredients
- Carrots, medium, trimmed and peeled
- garlic, minced (fresh or commercially prepared)
- dried parsley
How to make Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
Preheat oven to 425F.
Place the carrots in a large cast iron pan (or oven-safe frying pan or baking dish). Arrange the carrots so they are single layer, with very little overlapping as possible.
Drizzle the oil over the top of them, covering all the carrots.
Season with salt and pepper.
Place them in the oven for 20 -25 minutes or until the carrots are fork tender.
While the carrots are roasting, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter.
Add the garlic and stir well. Add the honey, parsley, and a dash of salt. Mix well and set aside until the carrots are cooked.
Remove the carrots from the oven when they are cooked and drizzle the Honey Garlic sauce over top the carrots, ensuring the cover all the carrots.
Dessert Pie Recipes
- The Best Apple pie
- Crustless pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Pie from Scratch
- Sweet potato pie with marshmallow
- Lemon Meringue pie
- Homemade blueberry pie
- Boston Cream Pie
- Pumpkin Pie from Scratch
- Crustless pumpkin Pie
- Maple Pumpkin Pie
Skillet Recipe Supplies
Skillet meals are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast! Here are some of our favorite skillets and utensils!
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place the carrots in a large cast iron pan (or oven-safe frying pan or baking dish). Arrange the carrots so they are single layer, with very little overlapping as possible.
- Drizzle the oil over the top of them, covering all the carrots.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place them in the oven for 20 -25 minutes or until the carrots are fork tender.
- While the carrots are roasting, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the garlic and stir well. Add the honey, parsley, and a dash of salt. Mix well and set aside until the carrots are cooked.
- Remove the carrots from the oven when they are cooked and drizzle the Honey Garlic sauce over top the carrots, ensuring the cover all the carrots.