If you love the mouthwatering, juicy Alice Springs Chicken at Outback Steakhouse, you are going to LOVE this copycat Outback Steakhouse Alice Spring Chicken Recipe! With mushrooms, crispy bacon, lots of cheese, and a divine honey mustard sauce, this is sure to become a staple at your home!
Alice Spring Chicken Recipe
Outback Steakhouse is one of my all-time favorite restaurants but with four kids, it’s not somewhere I get to dine frequently! While it’s the perfect spot for a dinner date, it’s not exactly the most budget-friendly spot for a family of 6.
When I do go, I almost always order the Alice Springs Chicken. It’s one of their most popular dishes and for good reason! If you’ve never been to Outback or never ordered this dish…let me fill you in.
This Alice Springs Chicken recipe starts with a grilled chicken breast, that’s then topped with crispy bacon, fresh mushrooms, LOTS of cheese, and an addictive honey mustard sauce.
Is your mouth watering yet?! I’m sure you can see why I absolutely had to make my own copycat version at home! If you are low carb or keto make sure you also check out the keto Alice’s Springs Chicken.
More Copycat Recipes
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzel Dogs
- Cracker Barrel Chicken and Dumplings
- McDonald’s Shamrock Shake
- Starbucks Hot Chocolate
- Wendy’s Frosty
- 7-11 Slurpee
- PF Changs Lettuce Wraps
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
- Cheesecake Factory Mac and Cheese Balls
- Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken
- Auntie Anne’s Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzel Bites
- Olive Garden Salad
This Copycat Alice Springs Chicken features all of the things I love about the Outback Steakhouse version, right from the comfort of my own home. It’s baked instead of grilled because I wanted to be able to make this year round, and not just when it’s nice enough to grill!
This has become a household staple meal. I serve it at least once or twice a month, if not more, and every single time EVERYONE’S plates are cleared!
What to Serve with Alice Springs Chicken
Just as I would eat it in the restaurant, I always enjoy this chicken with a vegetable (or salad) and a starch. A few of my favorite side dishes for this include:
- Baked Broccoli
- Hasselback Potatoes
- Parmesan Asparagus
- Creamy Parmesan Risotto
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- The Best Mashed Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Carrots
- Classic potato Salad
- Microwave sweet potato
- Baked sweet potato
Alice Springs Chicken Honey Mustard Sauce
The honey mustard sauce on this chicken is absolutely addictive! The recipe makes just enough for this chicken but I always double it and use the extra over the next few days. The kids love to dip chicken nuggets in it, I love it on chicken salad, and it’s great for adding flavor to wraps and sandwiches.
Just make sure you have equal parts of the 4 main sauce ingredients and you’re free to double it, triple it or whatever you’d like!
How to Store Alice Springs Chicken
If you happen to have leftovers (it’s NEVER happened in my house), just store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. I recommend reheating the chicken in the oven – I usually slice it into smaller pieces to avoid drying it out – but you can also heat it up in the microwave. Leftovers taste great on a salad too!
Ingredients for Copy Cat Outback Steakhouse Alice Spring Chicken
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts – 1/2 pound each for a total of 3 pounds of chicken
- Seasoning Salt
- 6 Slices of Bacon (Cut in half) – you can pan fry or air fry bacon
- Sliced mushrooms
- Colby-Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese
Honey Mustard Sauce Ingredients
This will make 2 cups of sauce which is enough to make this recipe. My husband and I double this and store it to use for all sorts of things for the next day or two – chicken nugget sauce for the kids or grilled chicken salad…we put it on wraps…all sorts of things! It’s delicious! Just make sure you have even parts of the first four ingredients and you can adjust this recipe however you want!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. Onion flakes (optional-more or less to taste)
How to Make Alice Spring Chicken
Rub Seasoning Salt on chicken breasts (make sure they are full chicken breasts – don’t slice them thin, even if you think you like your chicken thin, they need to be thick) and cover; let them sit in the fridge (up to an hour) while you get everything else ready.
Slice bacon in half and cook until crisp.
Whisk the sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
Preheat the oven to 350°
Sear the chicken in a lightly oiled pan over medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side.
Pour a bit of the sauce in a 9×13 inch pan and place chicken on top and top with the bacon, mushrooms, cheese and honey mustard sauce.
Cook at 350° for 15-20 minutes – until the cheese is completely melted and chicken is cooked all the way through.
More Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Garlic Chicken Bake
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Asian Chicken
- Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Chicken and Potato Casserole
Copy Cat Outback Steakhouse Alice Spring Chicken
- 3 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 tablespoons Seasoning Salt
- 6 Slices Bacon Cut in half
- 1 cup Sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup Colby-Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Rub Seasoning Salt on chicken breasts (make sure they are full chicken breasts – don’t slice them thin, even if you think you like your chicken thin, they need to be thick) and cover; let them sit in the fridge (up to an hour) while you get everything else ready.
- Slice bacon in half and cook until crisp
- Wisk the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Sear the chicken in a lightly oiled pan over medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side
- Pour a bit of the sauce in a 9×13 inch pan and place chicken on top and top with the bacon, mushrooms, cheese and honey mustard sauce.
- Cook at 350° until the cheese is completely melted and chicken is cooked all the way through (about 15 minutes)