If you have a sweet tooth this Caramel Buttercream Frosting is just right for you. It is sweeter than a lot of buttercream frostings because it has the addition of caramel sauce which is very sweet on its own. Caramel Buttercream Frosting does not have as firm of a texture as a classic vanilla buttercream because it has less powder sugar but it is still pipeable. You can totally use this to make amazing cupcakes and cakes! Check out here for my home made caramel sauce.
My favorite recipe to use this Caramel Buttercream Frosting is these amazing Girl Scout Samoas Cookies Cupcakes! They taste JUST like the famous girl scout cookie and I can not get enough of them!
This caramel buttercream frosting is so tasty and when you are making it, you may be quite tempted to lick the bowl! Totally go for it! This is one recipe that I like to keep the spoon for myself to lick instead of passing it off to the kids.
Caramel Buttercream Frosting
Caramel Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 1 cup homemade caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Caramel Buttercream Frosting Directions
- Place your butter in the bowl of your mixer and beat it on medium speed until all smooth.
- Reduce the speed down to low and slowly add in the powder sugar until its all incorporated.
- Add the caramel and vanilla to the butter mixture and mix on medium speed for five to ten minutes until light and fluffy.
- The buttercream can be stored at room temperature for up to three days or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. When you bring it out of the refrigerator let it sit at room temperature for two hours. Than re-whip it for ten minutes to bring it back to life.