If you are looking for something fun to do with the kids this Puffy Sidewalk Paint is a TON of fun! With household items, you can make a kid-safe sidewalk paint that will have the kids playing for hours! My kids love this sidewalk paint!
Puffy Sidewalk Paint
This puffy sidewalk paint is a fun spin on the traditional coloring with sidewalk chalk that kids love, but even more fun! You probably already have all of the ingredients to make this DIY sidewalk paint already in your pantry! One big tip is that you rise off the paint right after they are done so it doesn’t stain but the sun will bleach it off if it is left on.
This quick and easy sidewalk paint has just 4 ingredients and takes about 5 minutes max to make. It is fantastic for when you are looking for something quick, easy, and fun to do with the kids!
If the kids are stuck inside because of it being cold or rainy, be sure to check out homemade puffy paint! This paint is awesome for painting on paper indoors! It is puffy and fun as the outside paint, but perfect for painting on paper!
Be sure to also check out the FREE Creative Classes that you can take, including painting, drawing, baking, cooking, and more!!
Looking for more things to do with the kids? Check these out!
- Homemade Fingerpaint
- Unicorn Slime
- Homemade Playdoh
- DIY Forky Craft
- homemade air dry clay
- Dish Soap Slime
- Handprint suncatcher
- Grow Your Own Crystals
Washable Sidewalk Paint
My kids had a blast creating splatter art pieces on the sidewalks with this sidewalk chalk. The fun thing about this DIY outdoor chalk paint is that when the kids squirt it to draw with it, it stays puffy. Kids can easily draw or write with this liquid chalk paint and it looks so cool on the sidewalk or driveway!
Once you make this fun sidewalk chalk paint, you won’t want to buy the store-bought sidewalk chalk again! This homemade sidewalk chalk is an awesome outdoor activity, that is so much more fun to play with than the traditional sidewalk chalk!
How to Color DIY Sidewalk Paint
When making homemade sidewalk paint you can use food coloring or washable paint.
It is really simple to make this homemade sidewalk chalk in any color that you want it to be! So you can let the kids be creative in making the colors they want to have. We have made this recipe to make one bottle of sidewalk paint, so you will want to double, triple this recipe if you are wanting to have a lot of different colored sidewalk paint.
Once you have made the paint, just add a few drops of washable paint or food coloring to your mixture.
How to wash off DIY Sidewalk Paint
If you are going to let it dry after the kids are done painting with sidewalk chalk, then I suggest using the washable paint as it is easier to clean then using food coloring. If you are going to wash it soon after having the kids color with it then use the food coloring.
To clean the paint off your driveway or sidewalk, just grab the garden hose and spray they artwork off. SUPER Easy! The kids also like to be the ones to clean off the driveway, because they then squirt each other with the hose.
Supplies for Puffy Sidewalk Paint
- 16 oz squeezable bottles
- large mixing bowl
- rubber spatula
Sidewalk Chalk Paint Ingredients
You will need these ingredients for EACH color you want to make.
How to Make Sidewalk Chalk Paint
Follow the steps to make sidewalk puffy paint below, this recipe will make enough puffy paint for 1 bottle. If you want to have more then one bottle and color of sidewalk paint, then just double or triple the recipe and then split it into the bottles before adding the colors.
In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour and water until there are no lumps.
Stir in the dish soap to the flour mixture.
Add food coloring of your choice of color until the desired color is achieved.
Pour the mixture into your squeeze bottle.
Give the kids their new sidewalk paint and let them have fun!
Use up the paint on the same day you make it, this recipe doesn’t save well… it will explode if you leave it closed.
If you are making multiple colors, make each color in a different bowl or one at a time and pour into the bottles and then make the next color.
Looking for more hands-on Activities to do with the kids? Check these out!
- Homemade Cloud Dough
- 13 Fun Ways to Make slime
- Pudding slime
- How to make fluffy slime with glitter glue
- Rainbow Crayons
Sidewalk Chalk Paint
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dish soap - just about any dish soap will work.
- 5-10 drops food coloring or washable paint
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour and water until there are no lumps.
- Stir in the dish soap to the flour mixture.
- Add food coloring of your choice of color until the desired color is achieved.
- Pour the mixture into your squeeze bottle.
- Give the kids their new sidewalk paint and let them have fun!
- Use up the paint on the same day you make it, this recipe doesn't save well... it will explode if you leave it closed.
- If you are going to let it dry after the kids are done painting with sidewalk chalk, then I suggest using the washable paint as it is easier to clean then using food coloring. If you are going to wash it soon after having the kids color with it then use the food coloring.To clean the paint off your driveway or sidewalk, just grab the garden hose and spray they artwork off. If you let it dry it will be harder to remove and it might stain but the sun will remove any color left behind with time.
Looking for more fun for the kids? Check these out!
- Regal Summer Movies
- How to make slime with Contact Solution
- Home Depot Workshop for Kids
- How to Make slime without Borax
- How to Make Stretchy Slime
- Barnes and Nobles Reading program
- How to Make Clear Slime
- How to Make Fluffy Slime with Shaving Cream
- Kid Friendly Slime
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here