Looking for an easy and tasty keto snack? Then you are going to LOVE these Jalapeno Cheese Crisps. These Jalapeno Cheese Crisps have the perfect crisp, and a great kick that make a great low carb snack option.
Jalapeno Cheese Crisps
Recently my go to snack when I am wanting something crunchy are keto cheese chips. I love how simple they are to make and I love how tasty they are. However sometimes I want a bit of a change, and so when I want to change things up, I make these jalapeno Cheese Crisps. If you are looking for more keto snacks check out the Keto Snacks list.
This Keto jalapeno Cheese Crisps recipe makes tasty keto cheese chips using the microwave. If you are looking to make them in the oven, check out this oven baked cheese crisps recipe or you can use the keto cheese taco shell recipe and not bend them.
When you are making these Jalapeno Cheese Crisps you can use either jarred jalapeno peppers or fresh jalapeno peppers. Personally I prefer using fresh jalapenos, but in a pinch I have used jarred. If you are looking for less spice, take the seeds out of your jalapeno peppers, if you are wanting more spice then leave them in.
Types of Cheese to Use when Making Jalapeno Cheese Crisps
When you are making these cheese crisps the more aged the cheese is the better it will work and the better they taste. I always grab the naturally aged cheese options at the store when I plan on making them. You can make cheese chips using block cheese, pre-sliced cheese or shredded cheese, whatever you have on hand will work if you are in a pinch.
Most of the time when I make these jalapeno cheese crisps I use a combination of Sharp Cheddar Cheese and pepper jack cheese. When making these I used the sandwich sized cheese slices, But you can change up the flavors with different types of cheese too.
- Yellow or White Cheddar Cheese – Normally I love white cheddar cheese but you HAVE to try them with the classic yellow cheddar cheese, they really taste like chez-its with a kick!
- Parmesan Cheese – I like using a block and slicing it into thin pieces
- Provolone Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese (I prefer using piles of shredded cheese when making Mozzarella cheese chips, over slices of fresh cheese)
- Colby-Jack Cheese
- Gouda Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
How to Make Jalapeno Cheese Crisps
Jalapeno Cheese Crisps
- 2.16 ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese 3 pieces Deli style cheese
- 2.16 ounces Cheddar Jack Cheese 3 pieces deli style cheese
- 2 Jalapeno peppers fresh
- Line a microwave safe plate with a piece of parchment paper.
- Slice your jalapeno into slices and remove any seeds. You will need
- Cut your cheese slices into fourths.
- Place the jalapenos onto the parchment paper.
- Arrange the cheese on top of the jalapenos making sure to leave room between the slices so they don't run together.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute to 1/2 minutes until the cheese is crispy looking.
- Remove the parchment paper from the plate and allow the cheese to cool.
- If any of the chips melted together you can carefully break them apart or just enjoy a large chip.
5 Weight Watcher SmartPoints per serving on the Freestyle program
More Recipes that you will love!
Check out these Keto informational posts!
- Tips for sticking with the Keto Diet
- Keto on a Budget – How to eat Keto and keep the food budget low!
- Feeding a large Family on the Keto Diet
- Aldi Keto Grocery list
- Target Keto Grocery list
- Walmart Keto Shopping list
- Sam’s Club Keto Shopping list
- Costco Keto Shopping list
- Making Ghee at home
- Keto Basics you need to know!
- Tips for Starting Keto
- How to stick to Keto on Vacation
Tasty Keto Recipes you will love!
- 20 Keto Casserole Recipes – Casseroles make dinner time easy! These Keto Casserole Recipes are ones my whole family loves!
- Keto Seafood Recipes – 20 Keto seafood recipes that are totally amazing! All of these seafood recipes are easy to make and taste great!
- Keto Chicken Recipes – Over 30 Keto Chicken Recipes that are easy to make! You will never be bored making keto chicken recipes with this list!
- Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Recipes – If you love the chicken bacon ranch flavor combo then you will love this awesome keto recipe list!
- Keto Spaghetti Squash Recipes – Spaghetti squash is such a tasty veggie, add in the different ways of cooking and making spaghetti squash with these recipes and your whole family will love spaghetti squash!
- Keto Breakfast Recipes– Stuck on what to eat for breakfast? There are a lot of tasty Keto breakfast recipes (not just eggs) that are super tasty!
- Keto Instant Pot Recipes – Tasty Recipes that you can cook quickly in your instant pot!
- Keto Soup Recipes – Soup is great for lunch or dinner, Plus it is perfect on chilly days too!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here