If you are looking for an AMAZING Buttercream frosting recipe then this bakery style homemade buttercream frosting recipe that you want to use! This is the best buttercream frosting that you can make at home. This buttercream icing recipe is one that will remind you of that amazing bakery buttercream frosting that you love. You can use this homemade Buttercream icing on top of cakes, cupcakes, filling for stuffed cookies and it will be amazing every single time!
I love making homemade cakes and cupcakes for my family’s birthdays instead of going to the store to get one. I find that they tastes so much better and I love the ability to make them however I want to. If you are nervous about making the switch to making a homemade cake vs a store bought cake for birthdays don’t be. It really is not as scary as it sounds.
You really just need an amazing frosting and amazing cake. Both of which are really easy to make at home! When I am in the mood for quick and easy I use this trick to make a bakery style cake made from a box mix. When I am making cupcakes then I like to use these chocolate cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes or strawberry cupcakes recipes. If you are really wanting to WOW people, these two cakes are amazing; Homemade S’More cake and Caramel Turtle cake. When we have a party with friends these are the cakes I make. 🙂
When I make a cake I like to decorate it. Sometimes I go simple and sometimes I go all out it all depends on my mood. This is my favorite cake decorating set to use when I am decorating cakes. It comes with icing bags and lots of different icing bag tips so you can pick which style you want your frosting to be when you are decorating your cakes. To make life easier when decorating a cake, having a cake stand, will help a lot. You can easily spin the cake while you are decorating.
This Vanilla buttercream frosting is super easy to dye any color that you want to too! Just add in your food coloring at the end when you are done mixing it all together. You can get vibrant colors really easily, like you can see above with my owl cupcakes, using food coloring gel.
I use my kitchenAid mixer when making this easy buttercream frosting, but if you do not have a stand mixer then you can use a hand mixer . Either one will do the job, but I prefer using the stand mixer.
Frosting a Cake Supplies You need:
Bakery Style Homemade Buttercream Frosting
How to make Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Bakery Style Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Place your butter and shortening together in the bowl of your mixer. Mix them together on medium speed until they are nice and creamy.
- Turn the mixer down to the lowest setting and slowly incorporate the powdered sugar into the shortening mixture. Once you have added all the sugar to the mix pour in the hot water and the vanilla.
- Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and continue mixing for 10 minutes until light and fluffy. You can switch up the flavor by using a different flavored extract like almond extract or peppermint extract instead of the vanilla extract.
- The buttercream can be stored at room temperature for up to three days or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. When you bring it out of the refrigerator let it sit at room temperature for two hours. Then re-whip it for ten minutes to bring it back to life.
16 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving on the Freestyle Program
Looking for more frosting recipes? Check these out and don’t miss this awesome list of cupcake frosting recipes including:
- Chocolate Buttercream
- Blackberry Buttercream Frosting
- Pink Lemonade Frosting
- Peanutbutter Buttercream Frosting
Love cupcakes? Check these out!
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter And Jelly Cupcakes
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
More Amazing Frosting Recipes to Try:
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.
We won’t send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.
Powered by ConvertKit
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here