Pink Lemonade Buttercream Frosting makes turns the loved lemonade drink into an amazing buttercream frosting! Perfect for a summer cupcake dessert!
Pink Lemonade Buttercream Recipe
If you love lemonade then you are going to love this bakery style buttercream frosting! It is simple to make and has the perfect lemonade flavor!
Personally I love to make this buttercream and use it to make Strawberry lemonade cupcakes, but you can also use this frosting on many other cake flavors. Looking for cupcake recipes? Check these out!
Love baking? Check out our other buttercream frosting recipes!
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Vanilla Bakery Style Buttercream Frosting
- Peanutbutter Buttercream Frosting
- Strawberry Buttercream frosting
- Mocha Buttercream Frosting
- Blackberry Frosting
- Caramel Buttercream Frosting
- Peanutbutter Cookie Frosting
Decorating Cupcakes with buttercream frosting
If you have always wanted to make an icing swirl so you have pretty cupcakes, check out this step by step guide on how to make an icing swirl. It really changes the look of your cupcakes! If you are using different flavored frostings and want them both on top of your cupcake swirled together, check out how to swirl two icing flavors. If you want to layer your frosting flavors, check out the layered frosting swirl!
How to make Pink Lemonade Buttercream Frosting
The key to this frosting is making sure you let it sit overnight so the powder will start to absorb into the frosting. If not it has almost a grainy texture to it.
The buttercream can be stored at room temperature for up to three days or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. When you bring it out of the refrigerator let it sit at room temperature for two hours. Then re-whip it for ten minutes to bring it back to life.
Pink Lemonade Buttercream Ingredients
pink lemonade buttercream
- Mix butter and shortening on medium speed until they are nice and creamy.
- Turn the mixer down to the lowest setting and slowly incorporate the powdered sugar into the shortening mixture.
- Once you have added all the sugar to the mix pour in the hot water, pink lemonade powder, and the vanilla.
- Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and continue mixing for 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
Love cupcakes? Check these out!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here