Need a SUPER Simple Easter dessert? These Simple Bunny Ears Cupcakes are easy to make and quite adorable! You can make these Bunny Ears Cupcakes with any flavor cupcakes that you want to!
With the kids wanting to get in the kitchen with me, I am always looking for easy holiday cupcakes to make since we love cupcakes in our house!
These easy Easter bunny cupcakes are made with homemade cupcakes, in your flavor choice. We love these chocolate cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes or strawberry cupcakes recipes. If you are looking at not going fully homemade, making a boxed cake taste homemade is super simple!
Plus you can also use just about any cupcake frosting flavor that you want to, we have an amazing list of 19 amazing cupcake frosting recipes that you can check out and pick your favorite to use! I personally prefer using homemade buttercream when making these super cute Easter Bunny cupcakes.
To decorate these Easter cupcakes you are going to need colored sugar. You can buy it in the store or you can learn how to color sugar and make it whatever colors you want to.
Bunny Ears Cupcakes
Bunny Ears Cupcakes Ingredients
How to Make Bunny Ears Cupcakes
- Bake your cupcakes and let them cool. While the cupcakes are cooling make your frosting.
- You will also want to prep your bunny ears now as well. Using kitchen shears, cut the marshmallows in half at a angle. Dip the sticky side of the marshmallow into the sanding sugar. You need 2 ears per cupcake, so one marshmallow per cupcake.
- Once your frosting is made, your cupcakes are cooled and your bunny ears are done place your buttercream in a piping bag with a large tip.
- Pipe the buttercream on the top of the cupcakes. If you are unsure on how to do this, check out how to make a cupcake swirl. It is super easy! You only want to have a small cupcake swirl for these cupcakes.
- Next dip the cupcakes into the coconut making sure to keep a round shape.
- Once all of your cupcakes are frosted and have the coconut on the top of them it is time to put your bunny ears on.
- Place a small dot of buttercream to the bottom of the marshmallow and stick two ears on a cupcake.
Bunny Ears Cupcakes
Place your buttercream in a piping bag with a large tip. Pipe the buttercream on the top of the cupcakes. Dip the cupcakes into the coconut making sure to keep a round shape. Using kitchen shears, cut the marshmallows in half at a angle. Dip the sticky side of the marshmallow into the sanding sugar. Place a small dot of buttercream to the bottom of the marshmallow and stick two pieces on a cupcake.
Make sure you also check out these other fun Recipes for Easter!
- Chocolate Covered Peeps
- Peeps Smore Bars
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes
- Peep S’mores
- Oven Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
- Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Eggs
- Copycat Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs
- Baby Bird cupcakes with toasted coconut and homemade buttercream icing
- Easter Bunny Donuts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here