Many people loved our Taco Soup Crockpot Recipe but wanted to have a stove top version. So we set to work and came up with this Stove top Taco Soup Recipe. This delicious Taco Soup is low carb and Keto friendly. Even better, it tastes so good that even your nonketo family members will love it too!
Taco Soup Recipe
Taco night has always been a thing in our house, however to keep us from getting bored with meals I have always changed things up. Not all of our taco variations are keto friendly but most of them are thankfully like this Easy Taco Soup Recipe.
Easy Taco Soup Recipe
I don’t have time for super hard recipes during our crazy busy schedule that this Easy Taco Soup Recipe is thankfully one everyone in my house enjoys. Plus this Easy Taco Soup Recipe is low carb and Keto friendly, so I only have to make one meal for dinner.
Whenever I make Taco anything I always use homemade Taco Seasoning. You can buy the packets but I have found the flavors are much better when I make my own. I make a big batch of it and store it in a spice jar.
If you are working on planning your meal plan and looking for more ideas for taco night, we also like to change up the meat we use in our tacos. If you are wanting to change up the meat when you make tacos Crock-pot Barbacoa, chicken taco meat, and crockpot chicken taco meat all work great!
Instead of tortilla chips, while eating low carb, the Keto Cheese Chips are my go to! I also love dipping them into my soup!
How to Make Easy Taco Soup
Easy Taco Soup
- Brown the beef in a medium stockpot over medium heat, once browned remove the beef from the pot and drain it on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add the oil to the bottom of the pot with the onion and garlic, cook until they are softened.
- Add in the browned beef, taco seasoning, Rotel, green chilies, beef stock, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Bring the soup up to a boil then cover and reduce it to low for 1 to 2 hour.
- Right before serving stir in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese until the cheese is incorporated.
- Top with extra cheese and sour cream if desired.
10 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on the Freestyle Program
More Recipe you will love!
Shrimp Alfredo Recipe with Zoodles
Keto and Low Carb Diet Tips
- Tips for sticking with the Keto Diet
- Keto on a Budget – How to eat Keto and keep the food budget low!
- Feeding a large Family on the Keto Diet
- Making Ghee at home
- Keto Basics you need to know!
- Tips for Starting Keto
- How to stick to Keto on Vacation
Tasty Keto Recipes you will love!
- 20 Keto Casserole Recipes – Casseroles make dinner time easy! These Keto Casserole Recipes are ones my whole family loves!
- Keto Seafood Recipes – 20 Keto seafood recipes that are totally amazing! All of these seafood recipes are easy to make and taste great!
- Keto Chicken Recipes – Over 30 Keto Chicken Recipes that are easy to make! You will never be bored making keto chicken recipes with this list!
- Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Recipes – If you love the chicken bacon ranch flavor combo then you will love this awesome keto recipe list!
- Keto Spaghetti Squash Recipes – Spaghetti squash is such a tasty veggie, add in the different ways of cooking and making spaghetti squash with these recipes and your whole family will love spaghetti squash!
- Keto Breakfast Recipes– Stuck on what to eat for breakfast? There are a lot of tasty Keto breakfast recipes (not just eggs) that are super tasty!
- Keto Instant Pot Recipes – Tasty Recipes that you can cook quickly in your instant pot!
- Keto Soup Recipes – Soup is great for lunch or dinner, Plus it is perfect on chilly days too!
- Low Carb Shrimp Recipes. – If you love shrimp then you are going to love these tasty low carb shrimp recipes with everything from baked shrimp to fried shrimp and more!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here