Candy Egg Nest Easter Cupcakes are a fun and east Easter cupcake recipe that the kids will love! If the Easter bunny comes to your house then these Easter bunny nest cupcakes are perfect! If you are looking for fun Easter desserts then you need to add these cupcakes to your Easter Dessert menu!
Candy Egg Nest Easter Cupcakes
With Easter coming soon I am working on getting all of the Easter dessert recipes up that I have wanted to share with you and ran out of time to last year. I figure that being early on sharing Easter dessert ideas this year will mean that I don’t run out of time like I did last year.
The first year I made these cupcakes my kids LOVED them! I originally posted this recipe a few years ago however the photos were awful and it was time to share pretty photos that show just how adorable these Easter cupcakes are.
Easy Easter Recipes
- Bunny Ears cupcakes
- Easter Bunny cupcakes
- Birds Nest Cupcakes
- Easter Resurrection Rolls
- Marshmallow Eggs
- Forgotten Cookies
- Easter Bunny Cake
What Cupcake Flavor Should I use?
For these easter cupcakes you can use your favorite cupcake flavor as the cupcake. For this recipe I used chocolate cupcakes but feel free to use your favorite. If you are looking for cupcake recipes be sure to check out our favorites!
- strawberry cupcakes
- vanilla cupcakes
- blueberry cupcakes
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- Raspberry cupcakes
- Lemon Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Cupcakes
What Frosting do I need?
It is important to use a white frosting because you will be coloring the frosting green with food coloring. There are quite a few different white frosting flavors that will work well with this Easter cupcake.
- Bakery Style Vanilla buttercream
- Whipped Frosting recipe
- Almond buttercream Frosting
- Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting
- Mint Buttercream Frosting
Tips for Making Homemade Cupcakes
Do not over mix. Over mixing the batter will lead to having tough cupcakes. Just mix the ingredients until they are mixed together.
Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting. If you frost cupcakes while they are still warm then the frosting will melt.
Bring ingredients to room temperature. Cupcakes will bake best when the ingredients are brought to room temperature before mixing the cupcake batter.
Fill the cupcake liners appropriately. You do not want to over fill the cupcake liners. Follow the directions for the specific cupcake recipe, if the recipe doesn’t tell you how full stick to the 2/3 full rule. Which is roughly 3 tablespoons of cupcake batter per cupcake liner.
Use quality cupcake liners. While you might not think it matters a cupcake liner but having a quality cupcake liner will make it so your cupcakes don’t stick to the wrapper and peel off nicely so you can see the perfect cupcake in it.
How to decorate Cupcakes
If you have never decorated cupcakes, be sure to check out these posts to help you. I promise you that it is super easy to have bakery fancy cupcakes made at home in your kitchen!
Properly fill the piping bag with frosting. If you have never filled a pastry bag with frosting check out how to fill a pastry bag with frosting.
Pip frosting with a cupcake frosting swirl. If you have never made a cupcake frosting swirl, it is super easy to do. Check out how to make a frosting swirls on a cupcake to learn how.
How to Store Cupcakes
It is best to store cupcakes in an airtight container on the counter. Cupcakes are best to be enjoyed with in 48 hours of making them. They won’t be bad to eat after 40 hours but they will start to dry out and not be as fresh.
Candy Egg Nest Easter Cupcakes Supplies
Candy Egg Nest Easter Cupcakes Ingredients
How to Candy Egg Nest Easter Cupcakes
Bake the cupcakes in your flavor of choice.
Let the cupcakes cool completely after baking. While the cupcakes are cooling make and dye the buttercream green with food coloring.
Fill a pastry bag with buttercream frosting.
Pipe an even layer of buttercream onto the top of each cupcake.
Using the green licorice laces make a “nest” on top of the frosting.
Place 3 Peanut M&Ms in the center of the nest as eggs
Love cupcakes? Check these cupcake recipes out!
- Candy Corn Cupcakes
- S’mores cupcakes
- Angel Food Cupcakes
- Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- Andes Mint Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter cupcakes
Easter Bunny Nest Easter Cupcakes
Easter Bunny Egg Nest Cupcakes Ingredients
Fluffy Chocolate Cupcakes Ingredients
How to Make Easter Bunny Egg Nest Cupcakes
How to Make Fluffy Chocolate Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- Put paper cupcake liners in your cupcake pans or you can use silicone, which ever ones you prefer.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the hot brewed coffee and cocoa, until dissolved and set aside.
- In the bowl for your stand mixer, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Then add the butter and sugars.
- Beat on medium-high speed of your mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the coffee-cocoa mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Mix each addition just until incorporated, being careful not to over mix.
- Divide the batter between the prepared liners, filling each about two-thirds of the way full.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pans briefly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to Make Fluffy Buttercream Frosting
- Bring the butter to room temperature. Do NOT put it in the microwave to soften, put it on the kitchen counter and soften.
- Add the butter and the shortening to the bowl of the stand mixer bowl. Using the paddle handle on the mixer to combine the two on medium speed.
- Once butter and shortening are combined slowly add in the confectioners sugar and mix it little bit little until the sugar is incorporated into the butter/shortening mixture.
- If the frosting is thick add a little water a little bit at a time until you get to the consistency you are wanting.
- Set the frosting aside until the cupcakes are done cooling.
How to Assemble Easter Bunny Egg Nest Cupcakes
- Let the cupcakes cool completely after baking. While the cupcakes are cooling dye the buttercream green with food coloring.
- Fill a pastry bag with buttercream frosting.
- Pipe an even layer of buttercream onto the top of each cupcake.
- Using the green licorice laces make a “nest” on top of the frosting.
- Place 3 Peanut M&Ms in the center of the nest as eggs
12 Weight Watchers Smart Points per serving